Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1992 Fiat Ducato 1900 Turbo retfofit

Options
  • 27-10-2014 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all

Posted this somewhere on this site but cannot find. I hope I haven't double post

I recently got a 1992 Hymer Camp 46 on Ducato 1900 Diesel base. As you'd expect, it's a bit agricultural. After a trip to Wexford and back this weekend, I'm thinking of changing my name to Benjy..

It's grand doing downhill with a strong tailwind. On second thoughts, make that a gale. I reckon it might even make 120km/h falling off the edge of a very high cliff, the Cliffs of Moher, for example.

Most of the time the top speed is 90-100km/h. It fairly hums along at this speed and everything feels relaxed. I have no problem with this and I'm adapting to life on the slow lane. The scenery is much better here and I like seeing car drivers whizzing past me looking stressed out while they try not to be overtaken and using their mobile phones at the same time.

The only drawback to this is on narrow hilly roads. Yesterday, I was on the road to Wexford and from there to Fethard-on-Sea on the R733 (I think). The road was a bit hilly and bendy and being in a LHD, there was soon a line of cars behind me as my van slowed down a lot on hills and took a while to build up speed when I shifted up again from a lower gear.

I thought how handy it would be to have a bit of extra oomph.

Is it possible to have a turbo fitted to this engine or even have the engine swapped for a more powerful one?

Thanks a million, folks.

Brian
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

I thought how handy it would be to have a bit of extra oomph.

Is it possible to have a turbo fitted to this engine or even have the engine swapped for a more powerful one?
    Brian

Hi Brian ,
    I have a similer problem 00 reg my dj5 citroen engine blew a back pressure problem . I was thinking a nice turbo engine for economy and power.The problem is second hand engines and second hand turbos arn't reliable.And if you buy a second hand engine you need the gear box to go with it.A big job I think.
    Would like other peoples opinions on this.

Advertisement