Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet Fair Cash out - not offered - bet lost - need advice

Options
  • 19-06-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

had a 10 team accum on today
    first 7 come through as at 7pm today
    i left work went home

checked at about 7:10

bet wasn't appearing in either open or settled bets

long story short

i just got on to bet fair help a while ago

bet was settled

i asked why i had stopped being offered a cash out option and the bet had disappeared and i was told

" this would be down to the fact that you have selected lower league matches, which would mean the live feed would not be present throughout the entire period of this bet "

i questioned this and asked him to reclarify

" me: england v uruguay and las palmas v cordoba are lower league matches?
    me: the cash out option was available during western HY Flash v Chicago Red State - are they not a lower league match?

betfair: all games in your accumalator
    betfair: would have needed to be live in play on our website

me : i dont follow you here
    me: i selected 10 games that you offered a cash out on
    me: i went to cash out before the bet lost and it was not available
    me: and now i'm told it was lost
    me: am i correct ?

Betfair: unfortunately cashout is never a guarentee, all the games would have needed to be offered live in play for this to be available

me: so though i had selected 10 games that you had labeled as available for cash out for this very purpose - you can later reclassify these games as not live in play and no longer offer the cash out? "

i'm currently live in the chat here

does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's probably something in their T&C's about it tbh. That it can't always be available and can't always be available on multiples or some loop hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

It makes sense to me that they cant offer cash out during a leg which is not in-play as they would not have any accurate odds to generate a cash out offer. I would imagine it is in their terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Dearg81 wrote: »
    It makes sense to me that they cant offer cash out during a leg which is not in-play as they would not have any odds to generate a cash out offer. I would imagine it is in their terms and conditions.

Oh I'd agree
    If it weren't labeled as a cash out able bet and had been appearing all day in the cash out option
    My problem as it were is that it merely disappeared from the site wasn't in the open / settled /cash outs
    I had to contact them to find out what happened to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Why do you think so many bookies are offering cash out now ? I cringe when I see people cash out bets bookies love it , thats why they offer it so they can take more money off mug punters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

ayatollah wrote: »
    Oh I'd agree
    If it weren't labeled as a cash out able bet and had been appearing all day in the cash out option
    My problem as it were is that it merely disappeared from the site wasn't in the open / settled /cash outs
    I had to contact them to find out what happened to it

Yea it's misinformation on their part. They shouldn't have advertised it as cash out bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It says a lot that punters are so uneducated about the back and lay process that a new catch-phrase has had to be invented to teach them.

Learn about laying. Seriously, its not that difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Sometimes you get more for cashing out than laying it though.
    I had Nani to be Portugal's top team scorer - 16/1 with €15 on with Bet365.
    Cashed out yesterday for €107 when I would have got much less laying him on Betfair exchange and it couldn't be layed any other way.

OP, the same has happened me before where you want to cash out on something but they're conveniently no longer offering it even though it was an option not long beforehand and nothing had changed. Argued until i was blue in the face but you'll most likely get nothing from them, possibly a free bet as a token gesture if you're lucky.

Advertisement