Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone exp of booking with ebookers?

Options
  • 12-05-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Booked trip to Oz with ebookers. flight is aerlingus dub-paris, then malaysia airlines paris-sydney. Ebookers dont charge for baggage you pay at the airport apparently, so think it will just be aerlingus i pay for as malasia dont charge as far as i know?

Will i have to collect my bags when i get to paris and check them for malasia airlines or do aerlingus do that for me or how does it work.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Are the baggage weight and fees on the luggage the same as they would be if you went short haul or long haul seems your going through Paris and also included in the price, im putting a link at the bottom. (because i know my explanation might not be the best:D), i hate hidden expenses while flying with a passion.

www.aerlingus.com/help/help/baggageinformation/

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

dietdiva wrote: »
    Booked trip to Oz with ebookers. flight is aerlingus dub-paris, then malaysia airlines paris-sydney. Ebookers dont charge for baggage you pay at the airport apparently, so think it will just be aerlingus i pay for as malasia dont charge as far as i know?

Will i have to collect my bags when i get to paris and check them for malasia airlines or do aerlingus do that for me or how does it work.

Thanks in advance.

pretty sure you are allowed 20kg of luggage with whoever you are flying with allready included in the ticket price ( never used ebookers before but it does sound unusual that they don't have baggage allready included), and because malayasia are the main carriers aerlingus will not be charging you for the 20kg's either. check malayasia's website for exact amt of baggage and make sure that you don't go overweight as they will charge extra for it.

once you check your bags in in dublin they are checked through for you and you will only have to collect them in sydney.

enjoy your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

I booked with them, flew Cork-London-Singapore-Melbourne. With Aerlingus had a 20kg bag an didn't have to pay for it. Can't fault them really...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Andrew Purfield

Sorry to resurrect this but I have a relevant question re. Ebookers. Looking at going Dublin-Paris-China-Hanoi with them.

Can anyone confirm if the 20kg allowed baggage(I readmost airlines allow this basic allowance here and on their website) only has to be checked in with whoever you fly out of Dublin with?

Would like to know as would take a lot of stress off but I am guessing I probably have to check it in 3 times...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

When I have flown to connect somewhere, having started out with Are Lingus it is normally the company with whom your flight is issued rather than Aer Lingus who set the baggage rules - Aer Lingus are only connecting you to the main flight.

There are no additional baggage costs and you weight limit is set by the ultimate airline (I expect your ticket will not be an Aer Lingus flight reference but a reference of the air line you are flying on with but referring to the same Aer Lingus flight.

If you are allowed 23kg for the flight I would imagine you would take that much on way out anyhow as that would leave no room for any purchases on the trip, coming back you will be checking in at an Australian airport etc so the baggage allowance will be 23kg and you'll not touch the bag again until Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,131 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Sorry to resurrect this but I have a relevant question re. Ebookers. Looking at going Dublin-Paris-China-Hanoi with them.

Can anyone confirm if the 20kg allowed baggage(I readmost airlines allow this basic allowance here and on their website) only has to be checked in with whoever you fly out of Dublin with?
    Depends on who the other segments of your flight are with. Aer Lingus has check-through arrangements with lots of airlines, but not with every airline in the world. So if your Paris-China segment is with Cathay Pacific or China Airways, say, (and it's on the same ticket as your Dublin-Parish segment) they you can check through. But if it's with China Southern, say, you can't.

Ring Aer Lingus and tell them who you are flying onwards from Paris with. They'll tell you if you can check through.

Advertisement