Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 22-The Next Generation!

Options
  • 23-05-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Season 22 is nearly upon us. What is everyones goals for the season?

For myself (Polk High), almost certainly relegation from div 1 awaits me after selling the majority of my team and bringing in loads of 20yr olds or younger.

Almost certain relegation from div 1 in boards league also which im sure everyone will be delighted about and looking forward to getting revenge on me.

Cup, be lucky to get past round 4 or 5.

But the plus side is im starting a youth academy and im also now sitting on a big fat wad of cash that will only get bigger during the season from all the saved wages!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Seeing as you are not going to be focusing on trying to win stuff with your club..... fancy the NT job?

Plus I feel your pain, my team is that aging point where it would cost too much to replace like for like so starting again with a bunch of young lads may be the way to go in a seaon or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Phonehead wrote: »
    Seeing as you are not going to be focusing on trying to win stuff with your club..... fancy the NT job?

You know i've thought about it but im so much of a dictator i don't think i'd manage the community approach. Besides id only get found out as a tactical fraud!!

However i am thinking of running for journalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭morgan62

Try and stay up in division 3 simple as that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

I'll be dropping down a division this season, aging squad plus I need to sell to get back in the black, the bank balance is so red it's ridiculous, only question is, who to sell, I don't really want to get rid of my Irish boys, Wallace and Hamo are doing so well, it'd be a shame if they went to a club that didn't train them, but I'm sure I'd get about 6 mil for the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

You know i've thought about it but im so much of a dictator i don't think i'd manage the community approach. Besides id only get found out as a tactical fraud!!

However i am thinking of running for journalist.

Honestly Johnny, give it a go! I think you would be outstanding.

The squad is just coming into a peak, you've got a great support team and if you feel you aren't doing it justice resign and someone else can take over.

Having one of Irelands best club managers in charge would be fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Davyboy. wrote: »
    I'll be dropping down a division this season, aging squad plus I need to sell to get back in the black, the bank balance is so red it's ridiculous, only question is, who to sell, I don't really want to get rid of my Irish boys, Wallace and Hamo are doing so well, it'd be a shame if they went to a club that didn't train them, but I'm sure I'd get about 6 mil for the two.

Dude do not sell Wallace.... please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

S22

Well for my main team FRF, its going to be a case of trying to overhaul Fewi :cool: and hopefully aim for top 4 again. Looks tough though, my old nemisis Yermen is promoted to my league, and Cool Breeze (who won their league coz a friend of mine went bot there :eek: )

going to be a tough season.....but not as tough as for my affiliate Alling Allstars....got promoted to div 2 in Germany (won playoff final by a couple of points coz the other team played wnwim vs my ltnt)

div 2 there looks to be horrendous....so i reckon a season of normals and the odd LTNT to try and catch somebody ;) ..but automatic relegation is already a foregone conclusion there. Still 46 new members today for them....not all bad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Christy42

Get better training facilities up and running is the main aim (and coaches with them). May make a stab at promoting but I have no idea if I can either get ranking points to qualify automatically or enough CSR to win the play off game.

I guess I will find out.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Get better training facilities up and running is the main aim (and coaches with them). May make a stab at promoting but I have no idea if I can either get ranking points to qualify automatically or enough CSR to win the play off game.

I guess I will find out.

if you want to play monday friendlies you can take a chunk of my ranking points. I just want the igt out of it for the young lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

if you want to play monday friendlies you can take a chunk of my ranking points. I just want the igt out of it for the young lads

Feel free to challenge Alling Allstars too...I just want IGT...I've written off the season already for them (before a match is played):confused:

• Advertisement

Polk High?

daheff wrote: »
    Feel free to challenge Alling Allstars too...I just want IGT...I've written off the season already for them (before a match is played):confused:

Challenged. Hopefully my team gets enough training to compete next season in Div III. Couple of pops today did no harm:).

• Registered Users Posts: 28 throrm

Gonna fight to stay up in Div 3 for another year

Got 3 aging players ill need to replace soon enough - but loads of young lads so should be fine!

Worked out my finances, and I'll be losing 32000 every week I don't have a match, but I'll be earning 110,000 for every home match I have so finances will be a breeze for me this year!

Anyone here want to play monday friendlies for the IGT? My average team CSR is only 68000, so I don't mind getting hammered by someone every week if it means my boys will be learning!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Starting the overhaul of my team. It's a 3 season plan which should lower my average age to around 26. Will comfortably make the playoffs but not a hope of going up to Div 1, I might take a pot at a cup run if I can bring in 1 or 2 more experienced but cheap players.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

not a clue wth my goals are

squad is still steadily improving with skills and csr and such, wages still perfectly manageable, age isn't a problem (4 players in starting 15 over 24, none in squad over 28) and don't really have much cash atm for any big transfers so there's no changes needed there until I see where I am next season.

while my finances are running fairly smoothly, the extra costs to open all the lv 5's is a bit too much this season, but its all ready to go when I can

cup is luck of the draw, but it would be nice to get through to a stage that reflects my national ranking position or better again.

promotion to div2... should be my one goal, squad isn't really strong enough to win a qualifier (reddogwonders took me 35-23 on lower intensity in the qualifier just last week) so I should probably try to win my playoffs w/o HGA in order to increase the ranking points on offer in those, so its win up to and including rd 9 and try figure it out then, looks that at least one of my fixtures should work out to throw losing a much smaller amount of points than I can win back off them in the playoffs, any others will be tricky to figure out but its too early yet. maybe I can throw one earlier depending on how the table shapes up

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

S22 should make div III play offs again but need to rebuild team and get rid of the oldies. A tough 1st game against Rookie. My affiliate is in with a good chance in scotland as the team that dropped from II to III has turned BOT leaving 4 evenly matched teams. Plus cash strapped so cant buy players

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

gah - forgot you are on here or at least I wasn't making the link between the usernames - there'll be no 16k csr guys included against you this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 throrm

I think its very possible for the Knights to finish 5th in Div III this year, after finishing 6th last year!

I think its definitely within our grasps to claim 6 wins compared to last years 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

go back to division II - simples!!

Run in the cup would be nice also :D

No offense to anyone here in the boards in my division, but if i don't take my eye off the ball I should be able to auto qualify for Div II and be back up next season.

finances back in the black, training young lads to replace ageing team, actually maybe I'll stay in DIV III! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Pretty impressed with my new promotion's first outing
    Steve%20Cave%20Stats.png

Not impressed - get bloody Fight Club in the cup!!:mad:

There's still bots in it, so harsh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

eoferrall wrote: »

Well it's Grubber next week, so don't think my run will be very long :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭morgan62

I got tralee titans so thats me screwed:(

eoferrall wrote: »

There's only about 14 bots left and around 256 games to be played this round so you need to be really lucky to get a bot! But getting fight club is still a rough draw.

There's only about 14 bots left and around 256 games to be played this round so you need to be really lucky to get a bot! But getting fight club is still a rough draw.

ah I knew I'd be getting a human, but all humans should be in so a team of more my level would have been appreciated. upsets me when worse teams will glide through.

Have to check if his stadium is bigger so will I at least get a decent payout. Was hoping for a cup run to bolster finances.

Clanwilliam RFC will be ending my run next week. Still they have a much larger stadium than me so looking forward to a nice payday, especially as I have to compensate coach/youth coach to the tune of about 133000 when my lvl 3's arrive in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Urf! Was in hospital for the first two weeks of the league. Managed to win first two league matches despite playing the cup bots on normal energy.
    Get back in charge and get slaughtered by Yermen!
    Oh my.

I was eyeing up a top 4 spot, but with 7 wins required to avoid relegation (on average over the last few seasons) I'm going to be hard pressed to find those next 5 scalps.

Squad is also ageing horrible. Buying old pros to keep me alfoat in Div II has left me stuck as they retire. Very tempted to struggle on, bring the young lads up, possibly take a dip down to Div III and try fight my way back.

FewFew wrote: »
    Squad is also ageing horrible. Buying old pros to keep me alfoat in Div II has left me stuck as they retire. Very tempted to struggle on, bring the young lads up, possibly take a dip down to Div III and try fight my way back.

I ditched all my auld lads at start of the season and even though I'm getting a battering now, im very happy the way the young lads are progressing and im pretty confident that im gonna be back stronger then ever in a few short seasons.

If you have to take short term pain for long term gain then go for it boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

up against bosher in cup 50 :50 game

Went LTNT cos hey extra experience and I will win my league easy anyway. Wasn't expecting to do well but 15 meters kicked after 75 minutes is something else:p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

got through 19-14 very releived

Advertisement