Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV guide not working on digi box

• 01-11-2005 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

This is my first posting and hopefully one of you knowledgeable folk will be able to answer my query easily.
    I have been reading the forums and have found them both interesting and informative and there are truly some very smart people online, but could not find anything relating to my question.

I recently bought a second hand digi box (Irish) that is working fine for FTA channels (I don’t have any card), however the TV Guide doesn’t work.
    It searches for a while then says there is a fault …. If I am watching a channel I can view what is on next using the arrow buttons.

Is this a common problem with not having a card or could I be running an older version of the operating system,
    If the software is the problem, what version should I be on and how would I update ??

I also cannot set up a Favourites list ….

I know there are a lot of little questions there but hopefully someone has seen this and can answer easily …

Thanks

T

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Try
    1) Hold backup on box while reconnecting mains cable, hold button till all lights light. Updates the SW.

OR

2) A dummy card. Press "backup" when it complains. Any old credit card sized card. If it has a chip make sure it is on TOP or else at back edge so that it does NOT connect to Sky card chip reader. Try especially inset while on 501 Sky after pressing Interactive and interactive has loaded (red button).

The (2) will give UK EPG rather than Irish one, but since htis has ALL the free channels and the irish one hasn't.....

I think now you need a valid card to create favorites, but they are possibly accessible without valid card if dummy card fitted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

watty wrote:
    The (2) will give UK EPG rather than Irish one, but since htis has ALL the free channels and the irish one hasn't.....

I think this answers a question I was thinking about. I basically watch BBC. If I do like you said and get the UK epg, I'll pretty much be able to dispense with 'other channels'. Correct? i.e. for BBC3, BBC4

Yes.
    Also all the BBC Radio (12 or 14 channels) and News24.

Probabily no favorites

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tmon101

Thanks Watty, the first option you gave me works fine .... SW updated within 5 mins .... TV guide works fine and favourites work also .... you truely are a wise person .......... does your knowledge extend to tonights lotto numbers ....Thanks again ..... .T

• Advertisement

Yes, my wisdom extends to Lotto numbers.

Which ever numbers you pick are most unlikely to win, you are more likely to find something on the beach out walking etc.

So invest the money in something more likely to have a return..

Advertisement