Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on new shoes

Options
  • 26-04-2015 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi

I am having a bit of lower leg problems with most shoes that I am wearing. In the past I have had achilles problems on both legs to counteract this I have to do a bit of work on both legs i.e. a lot of work with a foam roller and a massage stick. I am currently wearing a saucony ride 7 and have shin splints on my left leg.

I have had gait analysis done by 2 or 3 shops all came back as neutral, i have asked a mate that I run with about how my foot strikes the ground and he tells me that I am hitting the ground flush. I was thinking of trying the newton running shoes but as I am hoping to do a full marathon in October i am not sure how this change of running shoe will affect preparation. Any advice on this matter would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Speak to a physio with background in running or treating runners, could be nothing to do with your shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shane12

Thanks for the reply, but the reason I have posted this topic is that most physios that I have attended really don't offer any solution they are just happy to keep treating the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Shane12 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, but the reason I have posted this topic is that most physios that I have attended really don't offer any solution they are just happy to keep treating the problem.

Re read the 1st part of adrian's post again

Advertisement