Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crocuses and snowdrops

Options
  • 05-01-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

I know its too late for them now but i was wondering can you buy these bulbs year round and if so where. i want them for next spring

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You are probably better to buy snowdrops in spring when they are growing - green. They are more likely to survive than dormant bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ROGER THE LODGER

When my father passed away recently,I wanted to plant snowdrops en masse in his memory.I tried to buy Irish grown but these seemed to be only available in 10 cm pots or in small packets of dry bulbs at great cost .My dad had always said that the best or most successful method of buying snowdrops was "in the green"so after searching the web I bought lets just say hundreds of plants from amazon and ebay.All survived,but the ebay delivery were of "way better" quality,and flowered the following year.As I write they are showing again through the lawn,his memory lives on.regards.Roger

Advertisement