Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?

Options
  • 25-05-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My boyfriend of 8 months goes onto FB, Kik and Snapchat every time he feels things are getting serious and chats up other girls. I know I'm stupid staying with him but when I address the issue he swears it means nothing and he would never cheat. His ex treated him abysmally and I think he's just afraid of things getting serious but I hate the disrespect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

What to do? Put some value on your own self respect and dump him.

You are giving this guy way too much leeway and making excuses for his bad behaviour. Being badly treated by his ex is NO excuse for what he's doing. It's bad manners, it's disrespectful to you and it goes to show how much he thinks of you. I'm a big believer in watching what a person does, not what they say. Talk is cheap and in this guy's case it's cheaper still. Are you really that desperate for a boyfriend that you're willing to cling on to this guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ladygirl

Totally agree with the above poster. Your askjng for trouble by allowing this type of behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

It sounds like he is the victim here when really he is just chatting up women online.

So he turns to other women when things are getting serious. What if when things get a bit boring or when you have a fight or when your away for a couple of nights and he's lonely, will the poor guy need to go online and chat up women?

Tell him to stop giving you crap and mixed signals. He either wants to be with you or not. He has no right to use the ex as an excuse and what he is doing to you is no better than what the ex did on him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You're worth more than this, OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Time for matey to sling his hook. You don't need this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

His ex treating him badly is no excuse for treating you badly. He is showing you no respect. I would advise finding someone who will.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Come on, you know this is wrong. Please don't let him do this to you. Be strong and show him you respect yourself too much for him to act in such a disrespectful way.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Eh tell him to start showing you some respect or you will leave. Shouldn't take that kind of behaviour, you are letting him away with too much.

Advertisement