Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thrustmaster T300 RS

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nice setup. enjoy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What's the rigidity of the seat like? Can you feel much movement in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Haven't used it much yet to be honest but it's pretty sturdy from what I can tell so far. It certainly wouldn't flip over or anything like that and it didn't move around at all when I did have a chance to use it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

@superg that is a sweet set up man.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

superg wrote: »
    Haven't used it much yet to be honest but it's pretty sturdy from what I can tell so far. It certainly wouldn't flip over or anything like that and it didn't move around at all when I did have a chance to use it.
    My main concern with any seat will be how sturdy the whole assembly is. At the moment I'm fixed to a desk and it get's thrown around the place during a season, it's constantly moving so I can end up twisted by the end of a race, (not drunk) as the table moving means the pedals, wheel and chair can be at different angles.

The only thing putting me off the seats I see is the monitor will be miles away from the back of the steering wheel. Currently the monitor is pushed right up to the back of the wheel so the wheel appears to be part of the dash.

All those problems would disapear with the rift though, so I'm apprehensive about buying anything until the rift comes out. My initial attempts at welding a desk out of steel didn't go too well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm giving serious thought to buying a T300 myself, the only thing putting me of is the Basherboards adapter for the Clubsport pedals.

If you have any remote interest buying the T300 before the year 2042, for your own sanity, stick your order in now for the Basherboards adapter. It just gives you a place in the queue and the $10 is refunded if you change your mind.

There is a huge queue. I put in my request around 3 months ago and I've not heard sight nor sound of a follow up mail. When I ordered it was around February and guys were posting on the forums claiming who put in orders in September. 6 months is a long time to wait, and the queue will only have gotten worse with the release of the T300. I'd say I'll be lucky to get my adapter by end of the year at the current rate.

I'd love to use the Clubsport pedals with my T300RS.

ScumLord wrote: »
    My main concern with any seat will be how sturdy the whole assembly is. At the moment I'm fixed to a desk and it get's thrown around the place during a season, it's constantly moving so I can end up twisted by the end of a race, (not drunk) as the table moving means the pedals, wheel and chair can be at different angles.

The only thing putting me off the seats I see is the monitor will be miles away from the back of the steering wheel. Currently the monitor is pushed right up to the back of the wheel so the wheel appears to be part of the dash.

All those problems would disapear with the rift though, so I'm apprehensive about buying anything until the rift comes out. My initial attempts at welding a desk out of steel didn't go too well.

Well I'm clearly not as lively as you so I tend to not move much so the seat stays where it should :D I feel your pain on the monitor though, I move it right up to the edge of the desk when playing so its right beside the wheel which as you can see form the pic is right up to the desk, with the pedals underneath. I still need a bigger one though cos the oul mincers aren't as sharp as they used to be! That's my next investment. Defo like the look of VR too, we'll be taking a strong look at that myself at the time.

Mode light and button on my T300RS doesn't work. Don't know whether to return it or not. Seems trivial but then again it wasn't cheap so should work.Looking on GTplanet it seems loads have issues with this wheel and my issue is small in comparison! The wheel and pedals work fine so really the only thing I can't do is change the clutch and accelerator pedals around if I bought a T3PA and I can't change degree's of rotation on the fly. Annoying though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I hear ya mate, when my G25 eventually died after many years of use i considered a T300RS but it just seemed to have too many issues, that was about 3 months back [i havent kept track on state of affairs since], i decided to go wth G27 as i saw it as another 4-5 years guaranteed use.
    Any issues at all i wouldnt hesitate in sending it back.

Just worried I send it back and end up getting one with a worse fault! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

superg wrote: »
    Mode light and button on my T300RS doesn't work. Don't know whether to return it or not. Seems trivial but then again it wasn't cheap so should work.Looking on GTplanet it seems loads have issues with this wheel and my issue is small in comparison! The wheel and pedals work fine so really the only thing I can't do is change the clutch and accelerator pedals around if I bought a T3PA and I can't change degree's of rotation on the fly. Annoying though.

If it's any consultation, that mode button is pretty much useless anyway. It generally gets reset every time you load into a new practice, qualifying or race session in most games, and in some games (such as PCARS), it won't work once you are in the garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Ffs ... I read the date wrong it's not as I though the 6 June but the 6 of July ... fml ...

v3ttel wrote:
    If it's any consultation, that mode button is pretty much useless anyway. It generally gets reset every time you load into a new practice, qualifying or race session in most games, and in some games (such as PCARS), it won't work once you are in the garage.

Sound ta. Emailed them about it, might be a way to reset. Don't think I'll bother sending it back, the main functions work which is the main thing. Any idea if it's a one or two year warranty with them?

After canceling my order with littlewoods as it was too long a wait I want to order from somewhere else.

Where can I get a T300 at a fair price ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

After canceling my order with littlewoods as it was too long a wait I want to order from somewhere else.

Where can I get a T300 at a fair price ?

Nowhere in Ireland, and not much chance of getting it any cheaper, it's 369 on amazon.de but they wont deliver to Ireland

No where is better than. Little woods for the t300gte it's 339.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

No where is better than. Little woods for the t300gte it's 339.

But do they actually have any stock? It's listed as out of stock on thrustmasters own site.

No stock .. august 7th delivery.

Advertisement