Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ADHD, do you know what it is?

• 01-05-2008 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I have ADHD and I am sick of people misinterpreting what it is!
    I have people saying that it doesn't exist, that it is a mental thing and lots more!
    ADHD is a chemical disorder.
    You make too much cortisol and it makes you aggressive.
    Scientific fact!
    I would appreciate your views?

Do you know what ADHD id? 5 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    80%
    Unknownlollikelly1979kim_eire 4 votes
    Never heard of it.
    20%
    biko 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Never heard of it.
    Attention deficit something something.
    Btw, no polls allowed in PI I think

edt, nothing in charter. Must have got that wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

When you say misinterpreting what do you mean?

Also i do not think a link to too much cortisol is "fact" as not all scientists would agree with that so its scientific theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...and this is a PI how exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

Saruman wrote: »
    When you say misinterpreting what do you mean?

Also i do not think a link to too much cortisol is "fact" as not all scientists would agree with that so its scientific theory.

I mean people saying that it's not real, it's not a real disorder!
    And, I'm sorry, as far as I know the cortisol thing is 'Fact'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Skadi

I have heard it mentioned in relation to autism. I think it is a little like depression where too many people are diagnosed with it, so when you truly have it, it is hard to get the right treatment and help. Apart from drugs that is, which of course are the answer to most illnesses many would say.

I hadn't hear of ADHD making you aggressive, just more that you are hyperactive and so not the nice calm person society expects you to be. And interestingly enough adults as well as children can be diagnosed with ADHD.

And it is related to PI the person who made the poll, is suffering from it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Not a PI
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement