Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Nova Launches The Ultimate Battle Of The Bands Competition

Options
  • 16-04-2014 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I had a chat with with some of the team in Radio Nova this week about the Battle of the Bands they're currently running and I said I'd love to post up some info about it here so that anyone interested can apply to enter. Here are the details:
    Radio Nova wrote:
    303536.jpg
    Radio Nova has joined forces with Budweiser and Hogs & Heifers Rockin’ Bar & Grill to launch the ultimate Battle of the Bands competition that will support and promote emerging Irish talent and possibly find the next U2! The new initiative will be biggest showcase of emerging Irish talent of 2014 and will guarantee professional recording time, photography and airtime to the winning artists.

The competition commenced on April 10th and will run over 13 weeks, with bands competing each Thursday night at Hogs & Heifers, Swords for a place in the final. The awards will be judged by a panel of industry experts from with the overall winner getting a prize of studio time at Temple Lane Recording Studios and guaranteed airtime on Radio Nova. The selected runner-up bands will each receive €1,000 worth of recording studio time.

Radio Nova intends to tie the initiative into its hugely popular 'Locals Only’ Show, which showcases bands and artists every Sunday evening at 6pm. The winning band each week will be featured on Radio Nova the following Sunday and listeners will be kept up to date on the entering bands from week to week.

Radio Nova’s CEO and Programme Director Kevin Branigan said, "Nova has always supported local, Irish music - both through our Locals Only show and also through airplay across our schedule. The Irish music scene is booming and we're proud to be playing our part in supporting it with airplay and promotion. Nova is all about guitar music and we're looking forward to seeing all the new talent that will come through!"

Enter and Win: localsonly@nova.ie

If you're not familiar with them, Radio NOVA broadcasts to Dublin city, county and commuter belt, including Wicklow, Kildare and Meath on 100.3FM. The station plays a diet of guitar-based music from the 60s to today including artists like The Killers, Kings of Leon, Coldplay, The Rolling Stones, Guns & Roses and The Police.

This Thursday the battles continues in Hogs and Heifers, with three more hopeful acts taking to the stage. The bands are Devolted, Travis Oaks and Smokin Black Roses. First act is on 9:30pm. I'll be keeping the thread updated with the bands that'll be playing every week - if your band is playing, please give me a shout and we'll let everyone know :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

There's that cliche again: "the next U2"...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

I might go and check this out. How long will each band be playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

How can you apply to play it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 radionova100

To apply email localsonly@nova.ie with information on your band.

You can also listen in to 'Locals Only' with Johnny Bowe each Sunday from 6pm-7pm for more info on the Battle of the Bands competition.

To apply email localsonly@nova.ie with information on your band.

You can also listen in to 'Locals Only' with Johnny Bowe each Sunday from 6pm-7pm for more info on the Battle of the Bands competition.

Cheers,how long is the comp running for?

• Advertisement

The comp is running for 13 weeks -10 x Battles 2 x Semi Finals and 1x Grand Finale!

Brilliant Idea giving bands a chance to be heard.Love this stuff thanks!!

Round 4 of Radio Nova's Battle of the Bands in Hogs and Heifers, Airside Swords with Budweiser takes place this Thursday 1st May from 9.30pm!

Best of luck to all 3 bands battling it out Sub Motion, Shag Haird Villians and The Dijon Babes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Sent you in an email, waiting back to hear! Minor Glitch was the band name :)

Thanks Xpletiv my colleague Annie will be in touch!

Congrats to Sub Motion who were victorious last Thursday & hope Vantastival went well lads!

Round 5 takes place in Hogs & Heifers, Airside Swords this Thursday night from 9.30pm with bands Miniature Jack Band, The Black End and Roadwornfrets taking to the stage to Battle it out to win a place in the finals!

• Advertisement

We are over the half way mark of the Radio Nova Battle of the Bands with Hogs & Heifers and Budweiser!

This Thursday the 22nd May sees week 7 of the live battles with MAMA MARTIN BAND, Ripcord64 and Valentino is Dead take to the stage from 9.30pm!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!!

Advertisement