Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Sony TV in Argos - Does it have Saorview???

Options
  • 03-06-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Bit of a dummy when it comes to these things but I'm interested in this TV and I was wondering if it comes with built in Saorview? (and not Freeview as it says)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3919215.htm

Does every TV sold in Ireland come with built in Saorview??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Bit of a dummy when it comes to these things but I'm interested in this TV and I was wondering if it comes with built in Saorview? (and not Freeview as it says)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3919215.htm

Does every TV sold in Ireland come with built in Saorview??
    Thanks

Cannot be sold in Ireland if it doesn't have Saorview. Well not by an established retailer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

cml387 wrote: »
    Cannot be sold in Ireland if it doesn't have Saorview. Well not by an established retailer anyway.

So fairly safe with Argos. Many thanks for your prompt reply!

So fairly safe with Argos. Many thanks for your prompt reply!

It also has a built in satellite tuner if you have an old sky dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

cml387 wrote: »
    It also has a built in satellite tuner if you have an old sky dish.

? The house its going into does have a Sky dish in place, the sub was cancelled due to lack of use. What will this TV be able to do?

? The house its going into does have a Sky dish in place, the sub was cancelled due to lack of use. What will this TV be able to do?

The TV will have two aerial sockets, one for a standard aerial and one f type screw connection aerial.

The standard rooftop aerial you'll need for Saorview.

The screw type feed from the satellite dish will give you all the British "Freeview" channels, i.e BBC1 to 4, ITV C4 E4 blah de blah.

There's a list somewhere if you search forit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement