Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Open a bonnet from outside?

Options
  • 18-10-2013 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I have a 2007 Vivaro i bought second hand but i think i left the interior light on for a day or two as it wont unlock with the key fob. Problem is the key wont turn the driver door lock, i never tried it before since i bought it, and either it was damaged by a thief or its a replacement lock.

Is there any way of opening the bonnet from outside so i can get the jump leads on? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Have a look underneath from the front. You might see the cable and be able to reach it to give it a pull.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Attach positive jump leads to the starter motor power lead and the neutral to an engine mount.
    Will charge the battery enough to open the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Cant get anywhere near the bonnet cable so thats ruled out. I think the starter motor is at the front underneath? Ill try to jack it up and see if i can get near it from underneath but then theres a maze of cables so i dont know if its going to work. Im not too good at this kind of stuff and afraid i might cause damage.
    Best thing might be to get an autolocksmith over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Where are you? If you're anywhere near me I'll drop over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Sometimes the locks can seize up a bit if they've never been used. Get the wd-40 straw into it and leave it soak for an hour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement