Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Campus (Carlow IT)?

Options
  • 08-07-2014 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I am just been given a transfer to a course for 2nd year at the Wexford Campus as I was not not happy or settling in at all at my previous college and it's town in 1st year. So was happy to have gotten this offer, especially since I am originally from Carlow.

Only thing is what is the student life like in Wexford? Would it just only be a campus to go to courses and go home, or is there a buzz to it, like clubs and societies, college facilities like restaurants, cafes, shops, bank and library, students mixing and getting to know each?
    Also is there any bus from Carlow to Wexford? I plan on getting student accommodation in Wexford, but this is for the times i would go home for the holidays.

Also how are the courses at the campus? I am planning on doing visual communications and design and I'd like to know what the lecturers are like, what the work is like, if it involves a lot of presentations and group work, or none at all.

Sorry for wanting to know a lot, it's just that I want to make sure it will be worth it to transfer over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

rosedream wrote: »
    I am just been given a transfer to a course for 2nd year at the Wexford Campus as I was not not happy or settling in at all at my previous college and it's town in 1st year. So was happy to have gotten this offer, especially since I am originally from Carlow.

Only thing is what is the student life like in Wexford? Would it just only be a campus to go to courses and go home, or is there a buzz to it, like clubs and societies, college facilities like restaurants, cafes, shops, bank and library, students mixing and getting to know each?
    Also is there any bus from Carlow to Wexford? I plan on getting student accommodation in Wexford, but this is for the times i would go home for the holidays.

Also how are the courses at the campus? I am planning on doing visual communications and design and I'd like to know what the lecturers are like, what the work is like, if it involves a lot of presentations and group work, or none at all.

Sorry for wanting to know a lot, it's just that I want to make sure it will be worth it to transfer over.

Hi Rosedream,

While i have never attended the campus, I have grown up and been living in the town my whole life, so I will try help where I can.

Student life in Wexford? I won't lie to you, it does not have an active student body at nighttime or in pubs/clubs - reason being is that the Carlow Campus is the only real third level education facility in Wexford.

The only time I have seen the town flooded with students is when they return home from their own colleges elsewhere.

A lot of the bars and cafés do certainly have a student feel to them however.

Some of my friends have recently graduated from there and I know they made some great mates along the way and you should have no worries in that aspect.

However I cannot comment on the in house facilities, though I imagine they are quite good.

Bus Eireannn do run a bus from Wexford to Carlow but the travel time is excessive so I would check with the school/campus to see if they run one specially. My general feeling was it was always more of a "travel to and from" college and as such, they may very well cater for that.

I hope someone more educated on the matter can help out, but for local knowledge, I can help out however you like.

Advertisement