Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Editorial of 28-Jun-2010

Options
  • 29-06-2010 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

(how do you like that NLS-compliant date format)

Yesterday, the Irish Times carried an important editorial concerning Fish Stocks. All anglers should read it and understand what we're up against in this country.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2010/0628/1224273463462.html

My information from within Leinster House is the government is hell bent on reintroduction of commercial bass fishing. 100 tons should just about get their constituents through to the election anyway; and given their failure to come up with any alternative job prospects that's all they're capable of offering.

And all we hear about today is Stag Hunting...

Keep up the pressure on all politicians

Angling Ireland Bank anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

"Scientific management" me ar$e. More like "votes management" if you ask me. God, when will we get these clowns out of government?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭J. Ramone

Time to rally the troops and start making noise. Excellent article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭DryFlyFishing

well im not surprised they are not happy with just making the land bust they want to make the sea bust to...

our government is a complete arse...... i feel happy i said that... LOL

any one else want to call them an arse...

commercial bass fishing should stay banned , but i dont agree with dumping the dead bass back into the sea because you caught them when trying to catch another type of fish and you cant sell them...

need another scenario for this....

accidental Bass catch quota for individual boats.. make it very very very LOW .... not worth there while to persue bass...

Advertisement