Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Decorates wrong apartment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Steve O wrote: »
    It seems to have taken him a while to find out,*puts on sunglasses* there was Sum ting wong.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Get out. Don't bother getting your coat. Just get out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

This was in the DailyMail a few weeks ago, I wonder where do the independent get their stories..mmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/asia-pacific/man-spends-23000-decorating-the-wrong-flat-29090166.html

This particular bit is hilarious...

It seems to have taken him a while to find out,*puts on sunglasses* there was Sum ting wong.

Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

CianRyan wrote: »

Ah sure they are a great bunch o lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

aha, so Wan King really is in China...

corktina wrote: »
    aha, so Wan King really is in China...

Wan king is my fav.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭mewithoutyou

Silly chink

mod: banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Why did he have the keys to the wrong apartment ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Could have been worse. Could have been decorated from floor to ceiling in Nazi Paraphernalia

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    Why did he have the keys to the wrong apartment ?

Maybe it was the right Apartment and other lad changed the numbers on the doors. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Similar example, but I know of a case where a firm installed cavity wall insulation throughout the wrong house. The smart owner of the house which was treated claimed he couldn't live in an insulated house. Obviously, the firm couldn't remove the insulation and had to pay a significant amount for 'distress'. The homeowner had a double win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

This blonde looking for work sees a sign on a house: “PAINTER WANTED.” So she goes to the house and knocks on the door, telling the owner, “I’m here for the paint job.”

“OK.” The guys hands her a couple cans of latex. “Here’s the paint. I want you to paint the porch.”

She says, “No problem,” gets the paint and sets off to work. It’s not very long until she knocks on the door again. “All finished.”

Handing over the money, the owner exclaims, “That didn’t take very long!”
    “I even gave it two coats,” she says, pocketing the money. “And oh, by the way, it’s not a Porch, it’s a Ferrari.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I know a plumber who was fitting a wall gas boiler in the kitchen of a house some years back.

Part of the installation is knocking a 4" hole in an outside wall for the boiler flue.

He must have got a little confused because he ended up breaking through to next door's sitting room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,121 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/asia-pacific/man-spends-23000-decorating-the-wrong-flat-29090166.html

This particular bit is hilarious...

Lacist :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭boboldpilot

We needed the chimney swept. He said he'd be around at two. No sign of him. My wife, annoyed rang him. 'Where are you?' Surprised he said: 'I just swept your chimney, your husband paid me.' 'My husband is in work.' was the answer.

When he turned up he was laughing. He'd gone to the same house number on the next road. The man there was surprised but when the sweep explained his wife had called him. The man let him in and paid him when he was finished.

To be fair the other house was only three doors away and my house is right on the corner. Confusion happens all the time.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I know a plumber who was fitting a wall gas boiler in the kitchen of a house some years back.

Part of the installation is knocking a 4" hole in an outside wall for the boiler flue.

He must have got a little confused because he ended up breaking through to next door's sitting room.

That's Gas.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

urban myth Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

I know a supermarket that was selling burgers advertised as 100% beef that were really 80% horse.

mccarthy37 wrote: »
    I know a supermarket that was selling burgers advertised as 100% beef that were really 80% horse.

Well dish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Advertisement