Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonder Woman (2017)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Venom wrote: »
    It seems SJW's and feminists are starting to pull a reverse-Ghostbusters situation on this due to Gadot being Jewish and of her looks :confused:

I don't understand this.

PS **** the SJW's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Venom wrote: »
    It seems SJW's and feminists are starting to pull a reverse-Ghostbusters situation on this due to Gadot being Jewish and of her looks :confused:
    "feminists" lol. Same crazy nonsense they were spouting months ago. They're just trying to tear down a universally applauded trailer.
    Here's the truth for anyone interested.
    http://jewishmagpie.tumblr.com/post/145046500130/guilt-a-fish-the-ridiculous-assumption-behind

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh no. Seriously. The ghostbusters thread was a big enough dumpster fire to last Boards a lifetime. Both sides of the twitter braintrust can stay the hell out of this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

I'd love a threesome with Gal Gadot and Margot Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Use your inside voice.

• Advertisement

DeWitt wrote: »
    "feminists" lol. Same crazy nonsense they were spouting months ago. They're just trying to tear down a universally applauded trailer.
    Here's the truth for anyone interested.
    http://jewishmagpie.tumblr.com/post/145046500130/guilt-a-fish-the-ridiculous-assumption-behind

Ah.

I think I figured out the issue you're running into.

You're reading Tumblr. That was your first mistake, of course.

Tumblr is the home of all that sort of nonsense and I'm sure you'll find someone violently objecting/taking offense to anything -- even the sky being blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

iguana wrote: »
    I'm assuming that here the enemy is war itself and the complexities of being sent to kill or be killed by men who are no better or worse than you are for no good reason as opposed to a straight up story of good soldiers versus evil soldiers. Though this a movie from the same studio that brought us BvS, so I might be being optimistic.:p

Actually not as far of the mark as you might think, the WW1 setting, a war setting in general would suggest to me that Wonder Woman's big bad in the film is probably her most long running nemesis in the comic books, Ares god of war. So there might be at least some philosophical musing on the madness and nature of war (or at least a bit of cheap exposition between fist fights).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

Ah.

I think I figured out the issue you're running into.

You're reading Tumblr. That was your first mistake, of course.

Tumblr is the home of all that sort of nonsense and I'm sure you'll find someone violently objecting/taking offense to anything -- even the sky being blue.

Well the trailer is currently the most discussed trailer from comicon on twitter, where is it currently being shredded by an army of mysoginists that hate the very sight of a woman at the helm of a comic book franchise.,... oh wait no, it's actually recieving almost universal praise. Which goes to show, when a fan favorite is treated with a modicum of respect the fanboys will roll in behind a movie in droves.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Wonder Women is a classic and iconic superhero and anyone who thinks she is useless just doesn't have a clue.

No surprise therefore that I'm a huge fan of WW (I loved the 70s TV series) I really am looking forward to this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lasso of Truth was used here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just got round to watching the full comic con panel

Looks good. The director Patty Jenkins is really into Wonder Woman!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

What does this post mean?
    ps3lover wrote: »
    I don't understand this.

PS **** the SJW's.

I guess it's like regressive left ironic support of regimes that in theory they should hate - women/homosexual hating dictatorships - but they are also "oppressed" by the west ...so the enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of logic - don´t know seems crazy to me.

But yeah , I can understand , Gal Gadot is Isreali and Jewish and quite good looking - won't suit their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Needs more invisible planes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Well, I'm emotional. So it did the job for me. Can't stop smiling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That looks like it might be a lot of fun: amazing what some bold colours & a dash of humour can do to make something appear more enticing and lively.

The historical geek in me's a little irritated though that the Germans appear to have been made the bad guys of WW1. Everyone was the bad-guy in that pointless war, so hopefully it's just the way the trailer's cut.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pixelburp wrote: »
    That looks like it might be a lot of fun: amazing what some bold colours & a dash of humour can do to make something appear more enticing and lively.

The historical geek in me's a little irritated though that the Germans appear to have been made the bad guys of WW1. Everyone was the bad-guy in that pointless war, so hopefully it's just the way the trailer's cut.

A big budget hollywood fantasy blockbuster set in WW1 that doesn't depict America et al as the good guys? Keep dreamin' man :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The historical geek in me's a little irritated though that the Germans appear to have been made the bad guys of WW1.

We know from Superman v Psychobat that WW was involved in WW1, and that she was not impressed: A hundred years ago I walked away from mankind; from a century of horrors... Men made a world where standing together is impossible

I'm guessing that she may join in thinking the Hun are the baddies, and then learn everyone is a baddie.

• Advertisement

We know from Superman v Psychobat that WW was involved in WW1, and that she was not impressed: A hundred years ago I walked away from mankind; from a century of horrors... Men made a world where standing together is impossible

I'm guessing that she may join in thinking the Hun are the baddies, and then learn everyone is a baddie.

That's true; hopefully that's how it pans out because while there's obviously no compunction for a comicbook adaptation to be historically accurate, WW1 is such a well-documented and tragically pointless event, it'd be a shame if Wonder Woman didn't work that into the plot. As you suggest, it wouldn't be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,127 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Doesn't she come to human kind following Pine's character? Why would she join an opposing force?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Yeah I have the exact same misgivings about depicting the WW1 Germans as simplistic villains. Hopefully it'll be a bit more nuanced than that but based on WB/DC's previous form I wouldn't hold out hope.

Doesn't she come to human kind following Pine's character? Why would she join an opposing force?

That's not why I made the semi-facetious grumble; it's that the trailer's hinting the Germans were the evildoers of WW1. The Nazis, if you will, when the truth was nothing even remotely as black & white. But as already mentioned, it's likely to play out as Zubeneschamali suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

All the slow mo :( why make movies about these amazingly powerful characters and then slow down the shots of them using there abilities

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

All the slow mo :( why make movies about these amazingly powerful characters and then slow down the shots of them using there abilities

Someone at DC used to watch the Six Million Dollar Man as a kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,127 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

to make these abilities more visible? Deflecting a bullet in real time would be pretty damn hard to spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

That last scene where the other woman said I can engage in a bit of fisty cuffs should the occasion arise

:D:D

Nailed it !!

I'll go see it for that scene alone .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Well Doctor Poison is now the second villain in the film after Ares. I'm guessing the Doctors use of gasses is tied to the use of chemical warfare during The War.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I doubt it. Hollywood WW1 nazis. :rolleyes:

Don't you know, the Germans and Japanese are the only people left that hollyood can be bigoted about.

Advertisement