Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test Results

Options
  • 05-04-2014 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

If your marked test is a the top of the pile and your teachers hands it out first does this mean it was the best result in the class? or do teachers generally mark them all and pile them up at random

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

That would depend entirely on the teacher. None of my teachers do that, some even stress that it's not in any order.

But if a majority of students failed or something then they might have the few that passed on top, give them out and then rant to the rest. I've seen that happen.

Once again, it depends on your teacher. There's no way we could know which order, if any, your teacher is going to give tests out in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

In the same way you had to ask this question because you can't read your teacher's mind, I cannot read your teacher's mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

It takes long enough to correct the damn things, lord save us, the last thing we are going to do is arrange them in order of highest mark!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And some teachers will put them in alphabetical order because they are keeping a record of the results to see who is improving / disimproving, and using a spreadsheet to do it ... or just because they have OCD! :p

In short, the order in which they're given out usually means nothing, and almost never means what you're suggesting it might.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement