Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ted 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Morgan Freeman has now joined too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The first one is an over rated, laugh free piece of crap imo.

Seth McFarlane needs to gtfo of Hollywood and stick to 25 minute cartoons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Morgan Freeman will be super, no doubt. Otherwise I'm not too excited about this. The first Ted was decent enough but the concept got stale by the end of it, anything more will just feel like a cash grab.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Looking forward to this actually, this scene from the first one was fecking hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

That looks fùcking horrendous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Like the first one it looks like harmless fun so I'll be checking out. Only problem is after watching that trailer I feel like I've seen the entire plot of the film and how it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

Looks as bad as the first one tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New Red Band Trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It was alright. Kinda funny, not as funny as the first. Didn't help they gave away a lot of the best jokes in the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Loved this, saw it last night at the Cineworld unlimited screening :), fair play to SMcF for not making a balls of it - it being a comedy sequel and that, very funny and as good as the first if not better tbh!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,537 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Saw it last night. I didn't watch any trailers so I quite enjoyed it despite missing the first 15 minutes.
    I can't stand Mark Wahlberg so seeing him get covered in semen samples
    was worth the trip by itself.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Plenty of funny one liners but that's it really

Disappointed overall and yes Morgan Freeman is great as usual

Best bits that weren't in the trailers
    Liam Neeson! And the bit in the improv club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭DrFloppy

Thought it was very funny. Not as good as the first one but if you've seen Ted and you liked it then you'll know what to expect and you'll like this.

Critics will tear it apart though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

cloud493 wrote: »
    Best bits that weren't in the trailers
    Liam Neeson! And the bit in the improv club

Agreed,
    improv club
    was one of the only moments that had me in stitches, but I'm a d*ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

DrFloppy wrote: »
    Thought it was very funny. Not as good as the first one but if you've seen Ted and you liked it then you'll know what to expect and you'll like this.

Critics will tear it apart though.

I have to agree with the critic's I thought it a massive disappointment, not as bad as A Million Ways to Die in the West but pretty close. I think if you are a fan of the first film then you would be massively disappointed in this one, and I thought the first Ted film was fine comedy. I found some bits very cheesy
    amanda seyfried singing in the woods with animals coming out off nowhere was the worst culprit
    . I thought Mila Kunis character was written off pretty badly considering the depths Wahlberg character went to get her back, would it have been easier for her to do a cameo.

Only two jokes made me laugh and they've been mentioned above although I did snigger at the
    Weed farm with Jurassic Park music
    . But overall I thought this is MacFarlane's second disappointment in a row and it felt a cash in then written with any love. I'm not surprised it's done half the business that first film did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

I went in with pretty low expectations, even had a couple of beers beforehand to help loosen up my usually rigid laughter muscles. I wasn’t a huge fan of the first one, but I do like Family Guy and I won’t claim to the humour is anyways below me. I also went with a very eager friend who was really looking forward to it.
    We were both in agreement that this was very very poor. The actual gags (number of gags attempted, it is obviously pretty subjective whether they are good or bad) was much lower than I would have expected, and the quality of them were pretty poor too. There were one or two decent giggles
    Liam Neeson and the chicks with dicks lines
    but all in all a pretty damp squib.

I guess the reality of it is, a teddy bear swearing and smoking weed is funny for about 10 minutes, and the overall novelty factor and momentum created was enough to carry you through to the end of the first movie. However for this one, the joke is on the people who hand over the cash for their tickets.

We actually laughed more at the trailer for the Griswalds that was on before the movie, and even that looked pretty lame!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I thought it was OK. Wouldn't be a film I'd ever watch again. Found myself getting distracted during some parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Taboola wrote: »
    I thought it was OK. Wouldn't be a film I'd ever watch again. Found myself getting distracted during some parts.

Agree with this. One or two good laugh out loud moments but overall 6 / 10.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I expected far worse after reading this thread. It's not as good or quite as clever as the first movie admittedly - the script and pacing are definitely very inferior. But... it's still a very enjoyable comedy, got a fair few laughs out of it, some of which were definitely laugh out loud moments. Watched it with two friends, and we all liked it. Not as waste of time as I feared, would consider it solid entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,619 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It can't be much worse than Ted? The most atrocious so called comedy I have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Ah have seen it twice, and both times I have to say I burst out laughing quite a few times, I loved the first one with the story and jokes and that but imho I thought this was funnier, more crude but clever and very relatable!
    Will probably go again! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

I went in expecting it to be garbage like the first one so enjoyed it more, imo its far superior to the first with a good flow of laughs, well at least a lot more so than the first.
    We're a fun hospital
    had me laughing out loud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭baldbear

I didn't get the Liam neeson cameo at all. Couldn't understand why tere was no thunder song either. And Mark Whalberg and the girl 20 years younger is getting a bit tedious.

4/10. Good film for a very bad hangover maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,207 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not as good as the first, but had its moments, particularly
    Liam Neeson and the Neil Diamond bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Anybody else wait for the scene after the credits or could most just not wait to leave the cinema?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Saw it earlier.. as said above, not as good as the first one but still laughed at a lot of the one-liners.

Enjoyed the first one, thought this was awful. Pacing and story were terrible, not many gags attempted and the hit rate with those that were tried was pretty low.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Ted was in a different league to this tbf. Was a far far funnier and much tighter movie.

This felt too long, and much of the jokes you could see coming a mile off.

Felt like a bunch of poor sketches all strung together rather than a complete film.

Wanted to like it so much too. Disappointing :(

But, still a decent comedy worth seeing, just no where near the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I thought this movie was awful. Didn't watch all of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,207 ✭✭✭✭Penn

One thing I forgot to mention, the opening huge dance sequence over the intro credits was an insanely poor decision. I get that MacFarlane loves that sh*t (it happens all the time in Family Guy), but it completely bores people less than 5 minutes into the movie. It's incredible that no-one was able to talk him out of it.

Bad Horse wrote: »
    One thing I forgot to mention, the opening huge dance sequence over the intro credits was a insanely poor decision. I get that MacFarlane loves that sh*t (it happens all the time in Family Guy), but it completely bores people less than 5 minutes into the movie. It's incredible that no-one was able to talk him out of it.

Yeah I agree with that. Honestly quite a lot of the movie feels like it was taken from family guy, like not inspired, but literally taken directly from the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Of the bit I saw, all that impressed me was the musical number at the start.

Saw the televised concert mcfarlane took part in with the john Wilson orchestra a few years ago, during the proms I think, and he was very impressive.
    He's evidently a big fan and I thought it was very respectful of him to use the john Wilson orchestra.

Advertisement