Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Surely he IS holding back or all we'd see of the trailer is Superman blasting Batman with lazers. THE END.

I reckon this tango will be Batman goading Superman, trying to provoke him, get under his skin, make him show weakness. Superman will struggle to hold back (and at some point surely Batman will have the upper hand) but ultimately overcome his demons (i.e. he won't snap Batman's neck like he did Zod) and the two will become BFFs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Bacchus wrote: »
    Surely he IS holding back or all we'd see of the trailer is Superman blasting Batman with lazers. THE END.

I would have thought the same, one clip in the trailer shows Batman just getting out of the way of a lazer blast.

Scene could be taken out of context, but to me it looked like he meant to hit him.

This has always been one of my faovurite Superman moments, when he fights Darkseid.

And the quote seems very relevant here -

"I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard. Always taking constant care not to break something. To break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control. Even for a moment or someone could die."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

11352398_1604174989870342_1704711945_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Suicide Squad trailer revealed. Not quite sure what to make of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

jaxxx wrote: »
    Suicide Squad trailer revealed. Not quite sure what to make of it...

I actually really liked the dark tone of it.

How cool is Jeremy Irons' voice?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Think it looks cheap and Will Smith was the wrong choice for deadshot

There is a Suicide Squad thread ..

There is a Suicide Squad thread ..

But sure they are talking about Batman in there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

steampunk batman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

end of Superman start of S vs B matched up

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Empire Mag Cover out

EMPIRE_SEPT15Cover.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where is Batman's neck gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Where is Batman's neck gone?

It's the same old Batman Begins problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I'm sure it will be different in the film but the suit does make Affleck look fat in these promotional images.

Although Batman's neck looks like he can't turn, as with Batman Begins. I watched one of those behind the scene
    Suicide Squad
    clips. The Batman stunt guy turns his head perfectly normally.
    I think the neck/shoulder area is just padded out a bit too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I'm sure it will be different in the film but the suit does make Affleck look fat in these promotional images.

It really photographs poorly. But then again so did nearly every iteration so far. I'm sure it'll be okay on film, but here i'm worrying about his cholesterol and that terrible posture.

It'll never be as bad as the George Clooney batsuit. He really couldn't move his head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭Tefral

It really photographs poorly. But then again so did nearly every iteration so far. I'm sure it'll be okay on film, but here i'm worrying about his cholesterol and that terrible posture.

Batman was very bulky in the Dark Knight Returns, wonder are they taking the que from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,878 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

The angle of the Batman Photo is very unfortunate that his chin lines up with a line on the bat signal lamp. Very sphynx like

I wonder if we get any origin story in this revamp of Batman or will he already be established? This is essentially ignoring Nolan's trilogy, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

I wonder if we get any origin story in this revamp of Batman or will he already be established? This is essentially ignoring Nolan's trilogy, right?
    You can see in the trailers that he's long established, with Clark investigating him with the Daily Planet commenting on all the years of him being around Gotham, probably because he's going against Superman.

And there's the old bat suit with the grafitti on it too suggesting
    Jason Todd's murder

• Advertisement

Jason Todd's murder

So I wonder whether that means
    Nightwing/Red Hood will be a character eventually, given that that's who Jason Todd became, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Jason Todd's murder

Its a Robin suit if you pause the trailer view it full screen you can actually see the "R" logo on it Screen-Shot-2015-07-13-at-1.29.13-PM-700x336.png?resize=700%2C336

Now that's a good spot!

Nice, hadn't copped that, there's no doubt about it so. Hopefully it's sewing the seeds for the Affleck directed solo movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Wasn't there a story ages ago about
    Jenna Malone being cast as a female Robin

• Advertisement

Big online fan theory at the moment for both this and Suicide Squad at the moment about Robin is...

The Joker in the Suicide Squad isn't the Joker we are expecting but it is Jason Todd

The link below goes through how they came to that idea.

Spoiler Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I don't pay much attention to fan theory as some fans can just be very very analytical over little things like in Jurassic World with the theory that Chris Pratt's character was the Dinosaur kid in Jurassic Park because of the raptor respect line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I can't really remember what happened at the end of MoS... are people aware Clark Kent is superman in this universe?

maximoose wrote: »
    I can't really remember what happened at the end of MoS... are people aware Clark Kent is superman in this universe?
    No, just Lois.

The Batman codpiece is kind of awkward.

He definitely looks a bit Fatman to me. Its the mask/cowl and his cheeks/chin or something. He looks squished into that mask.

Still not sold at all on this version of Batman.

He looks less chubby in the latest ones to me.

I'm confident that Affleck will be fine in terms of both physicality and performance in the actual film.

I feel like people are really trying to nitpick with Batman.

The padding in the suit doesn't do it any favours in that head on shot, there seems to be no depth ( of field) to the image. He does look, well, fat.

But in these behind the scene images the cowl doesn't look as tight around the face. He still looks huge with the padding but that's the style they are going for.

Also Batman has been out of action for a while (or so we believe). So he's gonna be banging the steroids out of it to get in shape for Superman :)

Rumor:

Batman V. Superman Screening Gets Standing Ovation, Affleck Getting Long Term Deal.
    Just like he does with everything else, Batman is dominating the DC Cinematic Universe.

According to rumors from Warner Bros. insiders, the future of DC Movie slate will now center around Ben Affleck’s Dark Knight. The sudden (but really, unsurprising) pivot came after an early cut of Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice was shown to a small group of Warner Bros. executives. The big wigs were reportedly so impressed with the film, that they gave it a standing ovation.

And much of that applause was for Ben Affleck and his performance as Batman. The executives are so impressed, in fact, that they are reportedly trying to get Affleck on-board for three stand-alone Batman films. Affleck’s Batman, and these movies, would reportedly become the cornerstone of DC’s other movies, with one Warner boss reportedly calling Affleck the “definitive Batman.”

Since these reports are unconfirmed or credited, just treat them as rumors for now. But seeing as how Batman is, well, Batman, we wouldn’t be surprised if there was some truth to the story.

Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice hits theaters on March 26, 2016.
    http://comicbook.com/2015/08/07/batman-v-superman-screening-gets-standing-ovation-affleck-gettin/

• Advertisement

If the film is complete enough to be screening why do we have to wait until March? :(

I'd say there is alot more CGI to add to it.

I have to admit the idea of Batfleck is growing on me just from the trailer alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

If the film is complete enough to be screening why do we have to wait until March? :(

Cos Hollywood are meanies!

Don't believe first reviews.

Apparently The Dark Knight Rises had execs balling.

Hell, the first FF reviews on Twitter had rave reviews.

All this being said I'm a Batman fanboy and would be chuffed if this works out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Rumor:

Batman V. Superman Screening Gets Standing Ovation, Affleck Getting Long Term Deal.

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/07/batman-v-superman-screening-gets-standing-ovation-affleck-gettin/

Total BS

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Don't believe first reviews.

Apparently The Dark Knight Rises had execs balling.

Hell, the first FF reviews on Twitter had rave reviews.

All this being said I'm a Batman fanboy and would be chuffed if this works out.
    Yep, to be fair, the big-wigs who stand to make a lot of money from a film that they're putting money into aren't going to say it's crap!

Rumor:

Warner boss reportedly calling Affleck the “definitive Batman.”

ha!

I'm afraid the animated incarnation voiced by Kevin Conroy will always have that title. (Apologies I seem to always post something like this when definitive & Batman get mentioned in the same sentence).

I wouldn't trust any thing the "Big Wigs" supposedly say.

I do feel sorry for poor Henry Cavill though, aint nobody mentioned him lately...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

The Superman character has always been the death of the actors career

Henry Cavill is a strong enough actor that that shouldn't happen. Past ones, excluding Reeves, just haven't been at his level, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

There´s a spoilery sort of anecdote here from
    Michael Shannon (I didn´t realise he was in this movie)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/350741-michael-shannon-zod-batman-v-superman#/slide/1

Advertisement