Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vokera mynute 15 HE not igniting

• 28-12-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Tried ringing the installer and Vokera but no one is around due to holidays.
    i cant really find any info online either.

Heres whats happening.

4 days ago the condesate pipe froze up. Water started dripping out of the Boiler. Unfroze the pipe with some warm water. All was good until last night.

The boiler showed an error code of 10 with a red light.

I reset the boiler and attempted to start it again. The boiler lit for about 30 seconds . Then same error again.

I reset again. It would not light.

30 mins later i tried again. It lit for 20 seconds. Then went off again.

Tried it this morning. Same error code and red light.

So it looks like its trying to ignite but cant/momentarily ignites. There is gas as im using it for cooking.
    The water pressure is at .7 bar. Its worked before at .4/.5 bar. So i dont think its anything to do with water pressure.
    I can hear the normal clicking noise when it attempts to start.
    Everything seems to be working as normal but no ignition.

Could the leaking water from the condensate trap have damaged it?

The boiler itself is 12 months old. Hasnt been serviced yet.

Any help would be appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

i have the exact same boiler, only away for a few days and the fe*kin thing will not light. I did manage to find the manual, though it doesn't tell me much. Only difference is i have a code 40 with the red light. Sounds like it's not taking in water (pressure is at 0 bar), pump flying but no ignition :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Yllut

iknorr wrote: »
    Tried ringing the installer and Vokera but no one is around due to holidays.
    i cant really find any info online either.

Heres whats happening.

4 days ago the condesate pipe froze up. Water started dripping out of the Boiler. Unfroze the pipe with some warm water. All was good until last night.

The boiler showed an error code of 10 with a red light.

I reset the boiler and attempted to start it again. The boiler lit for about 30 seconds . Then same error again.

I reset again. It would not light.

30 mins later i tried again. It lit for 20 seconds. Then went off again.

Tried it this morning. Same error code and red light.

So it looks like its trying to ignite but cant/momentarily ignites. There is gas as im using it for cooking.
    The water pressure is at .7 bar. Its worked before at .4/.5 bar. So i dont think its anything to do with water pressure.
    I can hear the normal clicking noise when it attempts to start.
    Everything seems to be working as normal but no ignition.

Could the leaking water from the condensate trap have damaged it?

The boiler itself is 12 months old. Hasnt been serviced yet.

Any help would be appreciated...

Check the book and see what error 10 stands for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭iknorr

It doesn't say. Just to reset or call an engineer.

Strangely it just started working again.

i have the exact same boiler, only away for a few days and the fe*kin thing will not light. I did manage to find the manual, though it doesn't tell me much. Only difference is i have a code 40 with the red light. Sounds like it's not taking in water (pressure is at 0 bar), pump flying but no ignition :(

Isn't this a closed system boiler? My water pressure is always above
    0.5 bar . I have a valve to let water into the system.

Isn't this a closed system boiler? My water pressure is always above
    0.5 bar . I have a valve to let water into the system.
    haven't a clue about boilers tbh. Took the cover off for a look, but couldn't see any valve for water intake, and don't have the tools to go messing about either (probably a good thing :p)! It's usually at 0.5 bar too, only thing i can think of is water could've been turned off over the weekend. Anyway, fault codes on page 28 of the manual linked above. I know my error is low/no pressure, even though taps and all are fine.

• Advertisement

haven't a clue about boilers tbh. Took the cover off for a look, but couldn't see any valve for water intake, and don't have the tools to go messing about either (probably a good thing :p)! It's usually at 0.5 bar too, only thing i can think of is water could've been turned off over the weekend. Anyway, fault codes on page 28 of the manual linked above. I know my error is low/no pressure, even though taps and all are fine.

Boiler is telling you that you have no water/insufficient pressure and it will not fire until safe to do so, you will have to pressurizer your heating circuit and find out where the water is going.

It doesn't say. Just to reset or call an engineer.

Strangely it just started working again.

Either you have a ignition fault(if so it will show again) or most likely the condense the boiler produces froze backed up in the crazy weather and activated the sensor that is there to identify if the condense is leaving the boiler properly.

gary71 wrote: »
    Boiler is telling you that you have no water/insufficient pressure and it will not fire until safe to do so, you will have to pressurizer your heating circuit and find out where the water is going.
    well I figured as much, but there's plenty enough pressure on both hot & cold taps, shower, cistern.. We have the plumber coming tomorrow anyway, but even though we're renting, i hope there isn't a leak going to the boiler. It's feckin freezing here :eek:

well I figured as much

Have you figured out where your filling loop is, if it's a proper filling loop you can try loosening the connection gentle to see if you have water there and unless you have a unvented hot water system the only tap thats going to give a real idea of your incoming water pressure is your kitchens mains tap the rest tend to be tank fed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Water and central heating are separate systems. The pressure in one has no correlation to the other.

• Advertisement

Water and central heating are separate systems. The pressure in one has no correlation to the other.
    Except if it's a unvented hot water system, everything is mains/pump pressure fed, filling loop, all cold tap, all hot taps etc... so with a low pressure issue it can be across the board but if the hot and cold taps are tank fed then you may get a higher pressure at the taps but still have crap mains incoming.

Except if it's a unvented hot water system, everything is mains/pump pressure fed, filling loop, all cold tap, all hot taps etc... so with a low pressure issue it can be across the board but if the hot and cold taps are tank fed then you may get a higher pressure at the taps but still have crap mains incoming.

Yes, but what I am getting at is that low pressure in mains or dhw does not correlate to low pressure in the heating system and vice versa.

It can do with a unvented water system and a heating system with a auto filler masking a leak, all would be at the same pressure until the set pressure on the filler is reached, but it's only a small point and I'm being nerdy:D

It can do with a unvented water system and a heating system with a auto filler masking a leak, all would be at the same pressure until the set pressure on the filler is reached, but it's only a small point and I'm being nerdy:D

Well, if there'a an auto filler masking a leak then yes, I see what you mean. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

Also had a problem with a vokera boiler before Christmas.
    Boiler is brand new, sticker says breakdown service is 8-8 7 days.
    When you ring the number an automated message tells you to ring another number which tells you that its 9-5 mon to friday and wait for it, closed for lunch 1-2.

Waited until 9am Monday morning only to be told it would be Tuesday afternoon before they could get someone out!

Sorry for the rant but Vokera boilers and their "Customer Service" get a big fat fail from me!

well it's working again. would seem that, in this house, the water & heating are discrete. got the pressure back up on the heating and xmas was saved! :D iknorr, apologies for butting in, hope you get it working soon. i hear we could be due more cold weather in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Yllut

Get it serviced don't wait till the big freeze starts again.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

well it's working again. would seem that, in this house, the water & heating are discrete. got the pressure back up on the heating and xmas was saved! :D iknorr, apologies for butting in, hope you get it working soon. i hear we could be due more cold weather in the coming weeks.

Do you know if you have a leak on your heating system or was the low pressure in the heating circuit a one off, if it's a continues leak you could have problems in the future with sludge as well as the problems you had recently.

i'm pretty sure it was low pressure coming into the system from the mains. Pressure was always at .5 bar, and i'd say corpo restrictions/demand didn't help. Plumber was able to figure out where the valve was to open up for more pressure, so we're up at 1 bar now.

No bother.

Mine is working away now for the past few days.

I still cant figure out what happened to it. ( getting it serviced within the next week )

I see some people are saying low pressure may stop it from working but theres no water in the house for the past two days but it still works fine. ( i havent used the hot water tank water at all)

Im thinking it may have been ice in the flue. When the thaw happened could a little water have trickled back into the boiler and lodged in the combustion chamber? Im guessing at this, i dont know how the internals work exactly.

• Advertisement

STForSale wrote: »
    Also had a problem with a vokera boiler before Christmas.
    Boiler is brand new, sticker says breakdown service is 8-8 7 days.
    When you ring the number an automated message tells you to ring another number which tells you that its 9-5 mon to friday and wait for it, closed for lunch 1-2.

Waited until 9am Monday morning only to be told it would be Tuesday afternoon before they could get someone out!

Sorry for the rant but Vokera boilers and their "Customer Service" get a big fat fail from me!

Same as me!!

on their voice mail they give a number for emergencies and a time someone will definately answer. I rang it multiple times but no one ever answered....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Justin Case III

Same as me!!

on their voice mail they give a number for emergencies and a time someone will definately answer. I rang it multiple times but no one ever answered....

Hi ya,
    If the system is being fed from a tank rather than the rising main does the bar pressure matter on the front of the boiler? Mine is reading only about .2 (book says minimum .5) Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cmcqq

Im in trouble and hope an expert can help me. I have moved my boiler today and i was quite impressed with how neat the plumbing turned out. I filled the system and brought the pressure up to 1 bar and bled all the rads to release any air. Checked everything for leaks etc.. Turned on the boiler and hey presto it fired up and heated the rads as planned. Went to show my wife and turned it back on an hour later after cleaning up and it shows ERROR CODE 52.:confused::mad: I have searched everywhere on the net for a solution and all i can find is Call an engineer :'( I definitely cant afford to do that as i have been unemployed for 2yrs icon_sad.gif Im used to doing a bit of plumbing in bathrooms, i was a tiler for 22yrs and nothing happening these days.
    Any help would be most appreciated to help sort out my problem.

Best Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Same as me!!

Well, I phoned them on a Monday about 1.30, got the message, called back after 2 and got a Lovely girl on the line, very professional and courteous, Arranged a Service to be done on the Wednesday and the chap turned up first thing Wednesday Morning and sorted out the problem.

No complaint here about Vokera...Top Class

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

cmcqq wrote: »
    Im in trouble and hope an expert can help me. I have moved my boiler today and i was quite impressed with how neat the plumbing turned out. I filled the system and brought the pressure up to 1 bar and bled all the rads to release any air. Checked everything for leaks etc.. Turned on the boiler and hey presto it fired up and heated the rads as planned. Went to show my wife and turned it back on an hour later after cleaning up and it shows ERROR CODE 52.:confused::mad: I have searched everywhere on the net for a solution and all i can find is Call an engineer :'( I definitely cant afford to do that as i have been unemployed for 2yrs icon_sad.gif Im used to doing a bit of plumbing in bathrooms, i was a tiler for 22yrs and nothing happening these days.
    Any help would be most appreciated to help sort out my problem.

Best Regards

Well done !!
    You have broken the law if your not a regestered gas installer.
    Invalidated house insurance forever, or till boiler is re certified by RGII
    And put your family at risk.
    How do you know there is no gas leaks or carbon monoxide escaping due to disturbance of flue pipe on boiler?

Yes I do understand that money is tight, and that you are proberly quite handy, but please call a gas fitter for safety.

People have died from bad and dangerous boiler instulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

scudo2 wrote: »
    Well done !!
    You have broken the law if your not a regestered gas installer.
    Invalidated house insurance forever, or till boiler is re certified by RGII
    And put your family at risk.
    How do you know there is no gas leaks or carbon monoxide escaping due to disturbance of flue pipe on boiler?

Yes I do understand that money is tight, and that you are proberly quite handy, but please call a gas fitter for safety.

People have died from bad and dangerous boiler instulations.

+1

Advertisement