Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korg Gt3 Guitar Tuner

Options
  • 22-02-2005 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

I got this tuner off my brother it only tells you how to tune it to standard tuning.
    Does anyone here know how to use it to tune my guitar to drop d or down tune it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Just detune the top string until the tuner picks it up as d

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

or play the note on the 7th fret on the low E string and tune it to the next string down A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I assume you should be able to tune your E string to D just by selecting 2nd string for bass (if possible) and tune it in there, they're the same frequency so that should give you dropped D tuning. What buttons/switches are there on the device? It doesn't appear to have the capability to tune to anything other than standard, going on this picture.

kgt3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i have the same tuner, as someone else said just tune down until the '2D' lights up.. other wise play a B on the 7th fret of the low E string and play the A string simultaneously and use your right hand(assuming you're right handed) to detune the E string until they both sound the same.. this is just faster imo

Advertisement