Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Guitars from net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Bought a drum stool from Music Store last week, easy peasy, delivered swiftly, no fuss. Never ordered from Thomann but there is occasionally some credit card shenanigans with them (ask Feylya).

As for the guitar... spending around €400 personally I'd track down something second hand if I could, maybe get an Epi custom or summat. Still, it's a decent enough guitar for the money, I suppose.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Bloody Thomann Baxtards, with their credit card shenanigans.

I'm about to order an Ibanez SZ520 from guitarbargains.com. I'm really not too sure about them so it's gonna be a gamble but the credit card should protect me. It's costing me €450 shipped...

And because the good Doctor hasn't posted this:

www.chrisguitars.com

Chris is the man, but for spending €400 I just don't think you get full value for money, cos shipping will be at least $100 of your budget and then tax and import duty too. If you up the bar by about €100 then yes, talk to Chris. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I bought this bass from musicstore, ehmm, must be 2 years now. No fuss, no mess, just mmMMMMmmmmhhhhh.

Some guys at talkbass advised against buying this bass, but I'm very much more than happy with it.

Well, isn't $400 around about €400 when everything has been included?

• Advertisement

Sort of, it leaves slightly over $300 for the guitar. If you can spend $400 on the guitar, then you're really getting a good deal.

$500 = €383

Take $400 of that for a guitar, $100 for shipping and import should be about €50?

It doesn't quite work out as well as that in the real world (exchange fees, etc)

The shipping alone is over $100 for a solidbody electric. Duty and tax for a guitar of that value will be about €60 :)

Ah jaysus, it's close enough <_<

€450 would get ya something nice.

€50 is a lot of wedge if you don't have any ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 brianGal

so am i right (or just lost) in saying this....

388e for guitar (including import)
    28e delivery charge
    60e import
    total 450e (ish)

any idea the price of this in dublin for e.g.

I might of been a niave in beliving them when
    they suggest the retail price is 590+ ??

Wheres a gd place to pick up second hand gear so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Buy and sell and the "FS music gear" forum here

brianGal wrote:
    so am i right (or just lost) in saying this....

388e for guitar (including import)
    28e delivery charge
    60e import
    total 450e (ish)

any idea the price of this in dublin for e.g.

I might of been a niave in beliving them when
    they suggest the retail price is 590+ ??

Wheres a gd place to pick up second hand gear so?

If you're talking about the Les Paul you linked to, it's €399 for the guitar and €23 shipping. You don't pay import on it. So it's €422 all told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Doctor J wrote:
    It doesn't quite work out as well as that in the real world (exchange fees, etc)

The shipping alone is over $100 for a solidbody electric. Duty and tax for a guitar of that value will be about €60 :)

Well the shipping on the BC Rich I'm getting from Chris works out at $75 for express delivery, so I think you're overestimating things there, Doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

I bought my fender from this shop www.fendershop.com . Its an EU country so there aren't any crazy taxes. postage was 50 euro. Delivered very quickly.

edit: just noticed you were looking at an epiphone, never mind

Con9903, did you have any trouble ordering from them? I'm looking to order from the same company but I can't find anything about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

feylya wrote:
    Con9903, did you have any trouble ordering from them? I'm looking to order from the same company but I can't find anything about them.

Nah it was easy, there a belgian based company, my guitar was japanese, They imported it from japan and sent it to me. The guitar arrived in the post, well packaged. You can also track your order and the staff are helpful.

Excellent. The prices are ridiculous so I was wondering was it a scam. Now, where's the credit card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Well the shipping on the BC Rich I'm getting from Chris works out at $75 for express delivery, so I think you're overestimating things there, Doc.

Over-estimating is a good idea.

The BC Rich is a shell (ie no hardware and no case, just the wood) therefore it's lighter, much lighter, and postage prices are calculated by weight. Therefore, I stick by what I say :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement