Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seagate Backup Plus Drive - NTFS on Mac?

• 09-11-2015 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hiya!

So I got a Seagate Backup Plus Drive (2TB) a few months ago. I can't remember using it with a computer other than my Macbook, but it's changed to a NTFS format and is now read-only.

Is there a way to fix this without reformatting it? I use to it to hold the original files of a lot of old projects from Premiere, alongside back-ups of finished projects, and all of my photography and writing (yes, I'm aware I should have back-ups but I keep what I need on my laptop and have the stuff I'd hate to lose saved online too), so I don't want to do something I don't understand the consequences of. :P

If worst comes to worst, I'll transfer everything onto a computer in college, reformat the drive and transfer everything back onto it. Sounds like it would take ages though!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You can get Unix NTFS drivers that can write to NTFS partitions, but these may not be that reliable. i'll move this over to the Mac forum where you'll have folk more knowledgeable in this area. to change from NTFS to FAT32/HFS you'd need to wipe it I'm near certain.

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Tuxera ntfs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Download paragon ntfs it's a must if using a lot of external drives with your mac.

Advertisement