Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very Slow iTunes Download

• 23-10-2015 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Ok....bit of a strange one...Need some advice

I am having a problem with app store and iTunes downloads. They are extremely slow as in 15 mins for 50mb apps. I have a 240Mb/Sec download connection and its performing as advertised for all other downloads, streaming etc...

Heres the strange bit....if i turn on tunnel bear for the USA, my iTunes/app store speeds suddenly recover and go back to normal. if i turn off the tunnel the speed suddenly drops back to the slow speed before. i have changed the DNS setting to see if googles DNS would help but unfortunately not. Its confined to iTunes and app store only.

Any advice or help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Glad I'm not the only one so. OS X update took 4+ hours also have upc 240. Be interesting to see if it's just a problem with upc or do others have it as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Apple's Cloud services/stores are pitifully slow and under severe pressure. I've bought stuff form iTunes only to torrent it straight after owing to the ridiculous DL times. This is something they're working on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

This is an ongoing issue today/tonight.

Keep an eye on Apple System Status website. Guaranteed there will be something on it later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

Cheers glad it's not just me. Seen it before in the days after they released iOS 9 & OS X. Can't understand why tunnelling though the USA would improve speeds. unless Apple is giving preference to the USA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Seems to be OK for me now again.

• Advertisement

yea me too thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

On UPC and also finding it really slow. Trying to download OSX El Captain onto my two Macs. Deliberately waited so the pressure was off the servers.

I am beginning to think its a UPC issue, really bad again tonight. Its fine if i am using 3G say on my iPhone buts soon as i use the UPC connection its really bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Trying to update to 9.1 on my iPad and iTunes and it keeps failing. Also on UPC, but Apple’s internet services are so bad it’s hard to know who to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,491 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Tried to download the latest update to OSX EL Capitan (1.19GB) yesterday but gave up because it was so slow, this despite speedtest.net telling me my wi-fi connection was 60 Mb/sec. Got up before 9 a.m. this morning and started the download. It's now after 12 noon and it's still downloading - the step from 1.02 to 1.03 GB which is only 10 MB took about 10 minutes. Am on UPC but other downloads like an Adobe update yesterday was very fast. Now says that it's at 1.09 of 1.19GB and there's 38 minutes left - to download 100MB!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Strange one really. I connected my gf's iPhone to my iMac to back up and update software. Tried to download ios9 and it was telling me it would take 20 hours. Ended up having to do it over the air from her phone and it was done in 10 minutes. Not even sure how this helps us narrow down the problem.

I do know that downloading apps from the AppStore on the phone through wifi have been painfully slow but zipping along with 3/4G

Advertisement