Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acces again!1

Options
  • 29-10-2007 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone.

Have a question.

Heres the table.

ID Storage / TBM
    1 1546 / 9987
    2 2346 / 1234
    3 5446* / 8765
    4 9987 / 5446*
    5 22789 / 3321

I want it to create a new table, i.e Current storage. This table should be Storage-TBM

Please help!!

Also does anyone know anyone who would be willing to create a databse for me. I would pay! How much would this cost!?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Let me get this right:
    You want an Access database with one table in it. There is also another query in it that creates a second table. This query looks for any storage numbers in the TBM field.
    Correct?
    It would take longer to upload this DB to boards than to make it! If you want me to make it, I will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

kbannon wrote: »
    Let me get this right:
    You want an Access database with one table in it. There is also another query in it that creates a second table. This query looks for any storage numbers in the TBM field.
    Correct?
    It would take longer to upload this DB to boards than to make it! If you want me to make it, I will.

Thanks for the post kbannon.

Heres a bit of background.

I have a very limited knowledge of Access. I am employed as an engineer on a tunneling project. The tunnel "lining" consists of 40,000 "segments" which interlock to form a concrete tubular structure.Each segment has an individual ID we currently have 10,000 segments in an excel database. It is SLOW!!

The segments are delivered to the site. Usually 10-15 at a time. The foreman documents each ID and inputs it into the excel DB. The segments are transported to "Storage" on-site. The segments are randomally transported to the front of the tunnel for installation. Again the foreman documents which segments are sent to the tunnel. Upon arrival to the tunnel the engineer in the tunnel documents the segments again. This acts as a control so we are sure of each segments location. In the mean time any segment that is damaged is removed from storage or the tunnel and sent to "quarantine". Upon repair it is transported again to "storage".

Aims of DB.

The DB needs to do the following:
    1) Provide the user with the current location of each segment i.e storage/repair/tunnel etc.

2)The DB should provide a historical trail in relation to segment delivery storage installation etc.

3)Should alert the user if the segment is located in more than one place. Eg a segment cannot be in storage and in repair or the tunnel. It must only be in one place. This is to eliminate input error.

Kbannon i would appreciate any advice or help. I have bought books and am self-taught in relation to the basics. But am drowning in a sea of "SQL" and other alien terminology!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There are other questions then:
    can the foreman delete records?
    are forms for data entry required?
    are reports required
    PM me if you do want further advice and I can give you my number

Advertisement