Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DC Adaptor

• 24-02-2005 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a link to where I could buy a DC adaptor for multiple pedals? I'm not sure if it's important but I'd be looking to run a Bif Muff, an MXR Phase 100 and two Boss floor effects off the same power supply if possible. Is there anything that can do this? Any information welcome. Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Do you mean a generic power supply that you can use with any pedal or something to power all of them at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Something to power them all at the same time. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Get a normal single pedal power supply with a high mA rating and a daisychain adapter. It wont work with the muff though that has a different connecter.

Out of interest, whats the other boss pedal, other than the compression/sustainer?

Noise suppressor, NS-2, so freakin' useful. Really should get new batteries for it... Surprisingly the pedal I use most is the one that's lasted the longest without needing a battery change...

Cool, Battery life depends on the pedal
    eg: Line 6 echo park lasts for 5mins.
    eg: Fuzz Factory lasts for two years. (because it has no digital components or LEDS)

• Advertisement

The Big Muff does have an LED though. Meh. If you're looking to clean up your sound at all I couldn't recommend a better jobby than the NS-2. Cheap, easy to use and cleans everything up wonderfully. :)

Tremolo is my next purchase... Impulse pedal buying rules! Got my PH-3 today and it rocks! Should get my whammy adapter tomorrow and fuzz factory tuesday and not buy anything else for the next year!

TBH I've yet to hear a tremolo pedal that does the job as well as a real trem. I wouldn't bother while you've got the RG. The Fuzz Factory should be excellent though. You bringing it to CTYI? I must try it. :) I thought you had a Small Stone for a phaser?

I sold the stone... The ph-3 can get the same sound though. Tremolo is different from a guitar trem as in it doesn't modulate pitch its more like tom morello's killswitch stuff if you understand me. The fuzz factory isnt a real one, its a clone made by a guy in england on the muse message board but it uses the same circuit etc and it has an added LED and 9volt in socket.

And yep i sure will bring my pedalboard to ctyi, what course are you doing?

I have SF Writing as first choice with Philosophy, Psych and Chinese in reserve. Sounds cool man. I've never heard a tremolo do anything like Morello's killswitch either. What one are you looking at? A friend used to have a Vibratrem, not sure if he still does to be honest...

• Advertisement

I have SF Writing as first choice with Philosophy, Psych and Chinese in reserve. Sounds cool man. I've never heard a tremolo do anything like Morello's killswitch either. What one are you looking at? A friend used to have a Vibratrem, not sure if he still does to be honest...

I want this vibratrem you speak of! Find out if i can buy it if (s)he still has it

I'll give it a shot if you like. Just give me a few minutes. Come to think of it, that did have a killswitch-esque quality to it...

He doesn't know whether he's selling. He'll get back to me and i'll PM you. Any offers for it to tempt him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I highly recommend getting a Sound Labs power bank. £20 sterling from http://www.maplin.co.uk. Not sure how much they are in Irish Maplin, or if they have them at all. they'll be much more reliable than Daisy Chaining. I hate the daisychained power leads. If one plug screws up the rest that follow after it do as well. where's witha power bank they're individual.

But like someone mentioned the Big Muff (USA) has a different plug. The russion one doesn't have a power socket at all, just a battery.

Other pedals you have to look out for as welll are the Line 6 modelling stomp boxes need to be powered by AC adapters as opposed to DC, as do Digitech Whammy's.

Thankee. Will look into that. :) The Big Muff is kind to batteries anyway so I don't need an adaptor as much for that. The others though are vicious on batteries so I need something for them.

I can't find that power bank on Maplin. Any links to where else I could get it?

You'd get one in Argos or Atlantic Homecare. This kind of thing.

No not that! its a 9v power supply with 6 outputs or so. Adlib music in Carlow sell them for 40 i think.

Oh and offer him .... 40 or so...biggrin.gif

No not that! its a 9v power supply with 6 outputs or so. Adlib music in Carlow sell them for 40 i think.
    Oh I thought I might have been wrong. Is the power supply you're talking about not mains powered?

It is mains powered but it has 6 9v outputs. Its black, about the size of a Boss and has 'power bank' and 'ac->dc' written on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Advertisement