Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My silly wife and the CrapBox360

Options
  • 27-11-2015 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi all I need your help. PLeaseeessssss :(:(

My lovely (chinese) wife went home to china and returned with a cool Xbox 360 with a 1TB filled with 200+ games. BEST PRESENT EVER :D:D:D:p RIGHT?????!!!!! :o:o:o:o

NO...no!!!! :mad:

From what I understand the machine can NEVER connect it to the internet because if I did and it updated it would detect the games and delete every one of them!!!!! :cool::cool: To be honest, most of the games are crap and ALL IN CHINESE!!!!! SO IF THEY GOT DELETED I WOUND LOES SLEEP.....

I decided to buy a game for the console and play that way only to find it is stuck to Chinese region and won't play Irish games :eek::mad:

OK!!! Ill try to take out the HDD and change the region like you can with some DVD players... no luck!!!

I'm not sure it may be modded, i think it is because when I removed the HDD and connected to the internet it wouldn't connect.) i need to download new games to the 1tb hdd. any tips ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

<insert chinese piracy stereotype here>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

No one here is going to help you with piracy I am afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

i dont want to pirate i just want to know how to change the region. Like a PC you can change a region and after a number of times it becomes locked. How do i change the Xbox region so I can play games?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are they not geolocked so you can't change the region?

What you have is a jtag or RGH modded xbox. You have access to most of the operating system so you are lucky that yes you can change the region. However doing so requires that the mod stays on the xbox, once your xbox is banned from xbox live you will never be able to play online again. Whether you play genuine disks or not. You will be banned within a few minutes of going online if you have not been banned already. If you want to play retail disks online then my advice is to get a new xbox that is not modded. You will be able to sell your console for more than a fresh console will cost.

Google is your friend here as I don't want to link to sites that offer advice as they are also piracy sites.

Good keywords to google: RGH 360 change region

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

What you have is a jtag or RGH modded xbox. You have access to most of the operating system so you are lucky that yes you can change the region. However doing so requires that the mod stays on the xbox, once your xbox is banned from xbox live you will never be able to play online again. Whether you play genuine disks or not. You will be banned within a few minutes of going online if you have not been banned already. If you want to play retail disks online then my advice is to get a new xbox that is not modded. You will be able to sell your console for more than a fresh console will cost.

Google is your friend here as I don't want to link to sites that offer advice as they are also piracy sites.

Good keywords to google: RGH 360 change region

Thats not true, if an xbox is banned there are ways to make it unbanned

Thats not true, if an xbox is banned there are ways to make it unbanned

Yes by switching out the keyvault / nand from a console that is not banned. Hardly an ideal situation and will result in that key being (almost) instantly banned again if it stays modded.

Advertisement