Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor, terrible customer service.

Options
  • 07-08-2015 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭

Folks, not sure if this is the right forum, maybe its a consumer issue, if so please move.

I changed my car on Wednesday and after all the garage stuff was out of the way i did what i have done maybe 20 times in the past, contacted my insurance company to do a permanent transfer.

This company advertises itself as an online company, prides itself on its online presence to keep costs down etc, they have a customer portal where in theory i can amend my policy without any need for a CS agent.

After i logged in and tried to enter the new car registration number is did not recognize it, or any registration number for that matter, it wasn't a case of it being a new car and not on there system, that aspect of the customer portal did not work. So, next option is to manually enter the car details. My car spec was not in the drop down, similar specs were but to be sure i called the helpline.

1890 and 30 mins and €15 later they tell me they cannot change the insurance over because my car is not on the dropdown, this is a standard megane now mind, not a Lambo or Ferrari.

They will get a supervisor to look into it.

Next day, i get onto live chat and ask for an update and am told its still waiting for a supervisor to give the ok to classify the car at a similar spec. That afternoon i speak to an agent who says the same.

I still cant drive my car, cant drive my car to work or appointments.

Friday morning, same thing. Live chat asking for a resolution, nothing.

I have written an email complaining of the terrible service i have received but will want to take it further.

I told them to cancel my policy and i would insure the car with another company, they told me i cant have a NCB on 2 cars, the currently insured which the garage owns and my new one.

It has become so frustrating being given stock answers and zero willingness to solve the issue.

This is a system issue on their site, i can log my details on other sites and my car is classified as it is.

What if any course of action is available to me ?

Advertisement