Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D/D AIG INS

Options
  • 05-08-2015 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just noticed on my internet banking that for the past 3 months(that i can see) at the beginning of each month €3.95 has been taking by D/D AIG INS
    I didn't sign up for anything regarding this and am a bit worried, banks are now closed and i'd like to figure it out before tomorrow, anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

For the amount sounds like gadget insurance or phone insurance for that amount. Did you take out phone insurance recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

oh god it goes all the way back to 2010, at least!!
    i'm such an idiot i didn't realise it before!

i have absolutely no idea what it is, i don't remember signing up for anything, it's probably some box i didn't tick when filling out holiday insurance or something.

2015 it's called -OP/AIG INS BOI
    2014 it's called -GTSSDDM133610PWD
    2013 it's called -OP/CHARTIS INS BOI

Am i completely screwed as in this money is taking from me forever?

i'm with AIB

Last E-statement i'm able to pull up goes back to March 2009 and its called OP/AIG EUROPE BOI, back then, it's €3.88.

So it's atleast €300 i can't account for :(
    what's my next course of action with stopping this and maybe claiming it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

You'll need to contact them and see what it is.

You could try arguing that you didn't get a renewal each year etc but if you moved and didn't inform them then you might not have much of an argument. Worth a try anyway.

Thanks for your help.
    I rang the bank to cancel and they gave me a long number to quote AIG to let them know, it's cancelled on my side now.

I've haven't received any details about this direct debit in post or emails in the last 5+ years, my address has been the same for past 25 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement