Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avoid Permanent TSB

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

An overdraft might help you. A new bank won't.

What you want is a goodwill or loyalty gesture. Go into your branch and talk to someone.

It's sh*t but all on you unfortunately.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

fulcrum99 wrote: »
    Thank you, guys. I am aware of the legalities.

I am a long-time PTSB customer, and was once a enthusiastic recommender of their services.

I do feel that returning 2 direct debits to a value of €32.00 and replacing them with a €20 charge, on the day after a bank holiday weekend is out of proportion to the exceedance.

Nothing you can do because it's all automated. It's a pain, and I've been caught out by it once on Good Friday, but the system won't pay unless there's funds there to meet the debit, and automatically applies the €10 charge.
    Surely a banking system could delay bouncing a direct debit for 24 or 48 hours if the exceedance is, say, less than 5% of monthly turnover?

A system like that would be a lot more costly for the banks and also companies to run, which would ultimately result in the cost being passed along to the customer through their quarterly fees. I'd also be willing to bet that if there were a system like that in place and your DD ended up getting unpaid after 48 hours, the charges would most likely be increased to €20 per DD as opposed to €10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭homer911

PTSB dont charge for setting up an overdraft facility, so there is no harm in having one for emergencies. They only charge when you draw down on the facilty - this is far better than other banks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't dig up old threads, [as per the forum charter] especially over something which (at the end of the day) was your responsibility to keep an eye on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement