Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass fishing in dublin.

Options
  • 15-09-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hello everyone. I've been fishing for about 2 years now and I am dying to catch a sea bass. I've been trying a spot at the back of Sutton golf club on Claremont strand without any luck. Does anyone know any good spots around Dublin? thanks guys, any info would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭DryFlyFishing

Hello everyone. I've been fishing for about 2 years now and I am dying to catch a sea bass. I've been trying a spot at the back of Sutton golf club on Claremont strand without any luck. Does anyone know any good spots around Dublin? thanks guys, any info would be much appreciated!

what are you useing to fish for them?

i could tell you a spot over your way.. but id be killed for putting it up here....

go onto google and run a search for bass fishing marks dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

pm sent........

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

what are you useing to fish for them?

i could tell you a spot over your way.. but id be killed for putting it up here....

go onto google and run a search for bass fishing marks dublin...

hows it goin. cheers for the reply! I'm using rag sometimes then trying frozen lug and mussels and crab as a cocktail. In this spot you always end up pulling in a few crabs! I'll try google for some more info. cheers!

hows it goin. cheers for the reply! I'm using rag sometimes then trying frozen lug and mussels and crab as a cocktail. In this spot you always end up pulling in a few crabs! I'll try google for some more info. cheers!

try spinning with a kilty lure...

10lb line...

take the coloured flash sticker off it to make it all silver...

walk and cast cover alot of area... and you will get some if they are there..

and you have to real slow and hold your rod tip high... very important...

try spinning with a kilty lure...

10lb line...

take the coloured flash sticker off it to make it all silver...

walk and cast cover alot of area... and you will get some if they are there..

and you have to real slow and hold your rod tip high... very important...

I'll give it a go. thanks for that!

• Advertisement

I'll give it a go. thanks for that!

when you find where they are... go back to that spot next time.. and start there...

Bass seem to like the same spots...

easy spot for them to ambush sand eels etc......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

PM sent with a few marks close to you that have produced Bass for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Hey,

Im in the same boat as the op here. My goal this year was to catch my first salmon and my first sea bass. So far ive failed on the salmon front so have to wait til next year. :( Was in Achill at the weekend trying for bass but nothing. In Dublin I've tried Malahide eusturay using sand eel but nothing. So still on the hunt for the ellusive bass too!

pm sent........

thanks for that. ill give them a go. thanks again for your time and advice.

peterk19 wrote: »
    PM sent with a few marks close to you that have produced Bass for me

cheers for your time and your advice. thanks again ill let you know how it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sholeyfisher

cheers for your time and your advice. thanks again ill let you know how it goes!
    no offence lads but great info your giving that fello on fishing...but the fish i guess your after..quote me if im wrong ..are the fish you often see jumping from the water at the back odf the golf club????? they are sea trout,, and thats a different ball game fishing..i suggest surf fishing at open water when the bass are chasing small fish caught up in the waves.. almost any fish like lure will do.. or better again try night fishing a day after a big onshore swell when the upper beach is scattered with washed up food... hope this helps.

no offence lads but great info your giving that fello on fishing...but the fish i guess your after..quote me if im wrong ..are the fish you often see jumping from the water at the back odf the golf club????? they are sea trout,, and thats a different ball game fishing..i suggest surf fishing at open water when the bass are chasing small fish caught up in the waves.. almost any fish like lure will do.. or better again try night fishing a day after a big onshore swell when the upper beach is scattered with washed up food... hope this helps.

yea i know they're sea trout i'd heard there was bass there as well. supposed to be fairly small though. it a really nice spot to fish though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

If you are fishing for seatrout in the sea - you still need a license - its good to know in advance because rods have been confiscated by fishery officers in the past for this where the anglers mistakenly thought fishing the sea removed the license requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

coolwings wrote: »
    If you are fishing for seatrout in the sea - you still need a license - its good to know in advance because rods have been confiscated by fishery officers in the past for this where the anglers mistakenly thought fishing the sea removed the license requirements.

if you fish for seatrout or salmon in the sea, tidal sections of rivers or anywhere else you need a state license although salmon wont take in saltwater but seatrout will.

went out spinning tonight with me brother to a known bass mark. weather was mental. the wind was crazy and we lost light very quick. tryin to tie a spinner onto ten pound braid in the dark is no fun!!! no results. must try an early morning tide next!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

any 1 beach casting the weekend.any smoothies r bass goin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sholeyfisher

if your lookin for smoothies try clones strand.. its a bit away but will only take ya 45 mins from the m50 with the new motorway.... we were gettin plauged with them all over the summer flounder fishin.. you will have to use a whole crab bait as many of them are small...but they will take just about any bait this time of year.. but hurry up they will be gone in a few weeks...little lote for thet beach... if your catching whiting and dogfish at the same time throw out a whole whiting tied onto a large hook and your in for a really good chance of a huss very close to the shore... but remember it is only like most beaches producing fish after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

thanks sholey.im heading up that way soon so will give it ago.ya beaches r better at nite alrite.the big preadtors come out
    if your lookin for smoothies try clones strand.. its a bit away but will only take ya 45 mins from the m50 with the new motorway.... we were gettin plauged with them all over the summer flounder fishin.. you will have to use a whole crab bait as many of them are small...but they will take just about any bait this time of year.. but hurry up they will be gone in a few weeks...little lote for thet beach... if your catching whiting and dogfish at the same time throw out a whole whiting tied onto a large hook and your in for a really good chance of a huss very close to the shore... but remember it is only like most beaches producing fish after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 super70

Fly fishing for bass is the thing to do.

Advertisement