Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Different IBANs?

Options
  • 05-08-2015 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭

There appears to be two different IBANs associated with my BOI account. I don't use the account much so never noticed it before. There is one on my paper statement and a different one on my online banking.

Why would this happen?

I need to transfer money to this account and don't know which IBAN to use.

I'll ring them tomorrow but interested to know now what people think - if this is usual or why it may be the case.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

The IBAN is associated with the branch in which the account was originally opened. If that branch has closed down then the accounts from that branch would get merged into a new branch. At that point you will get a new IBAN however both the old and new IBAN are valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Thanks. That seems to be it. I see now that it's the sort code that's different. Google says the one on my paper statement is UCD and the one on my online account is Montrose. I set the account up in Montrose as a student. Some merger must have occurred.

Strange that they don't just stick with the one code for the statements and the online info too though, even if the other one is still valid.

Advertisement