Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork River Fishing

Options
  • 14-07-2014 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Guys. Recently got my first Salmon/Sea Trout Licence. I fished for brown trout for a few years but only in stocked lakes and the river lee. Any rivers around worth giving a go? Mainly looking for sea trout. Any information on river or methods will be greatly appriciated. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Below the salmon weir on the Lee road is a good spot for sea trout. You also have the River Bandon at Innishannon. Below that last bridge is tidal and free fishing. I have seen some lovely sea trout taken there. West Cork also has the Arigideen. That's a permitted fishery but an outstanding river for sea trout. The Glashaboy in Glanmire is another good seatrout fishery. There was a club on it but I'm not sure if that's still in operation. It was a fairly open club to join a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

The bridge by the anglers rest too.
    You need permission from the bank but not the bridge. Lots of brown trout up that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

mawk wrote: »
    The bridge by the anglers rest too.
    You need permission from the bank but not the bridge. Lots of brown trout up that way.

You could get a trout permit from lee salmon anglers for 30 euro a year well worth it as there can be a lot of seatrout on it and nice brownies
    I had about 9 seatrout since last week on the lee nothing huge but welcome all the same
    As another poster said the glashaboy has to be one of the best seatrout rivers in cork but is poached to death and can be very hard to fish with loads of lads drinking and fishing, probably best to leave there alone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leesideboy

Thanks for the replys lads. I appriciate it. The wier on the lee does the time matter, would you just use maggots and worms? Fishing the bottom rather then float? Fished Glanmire park with my buddys last week and got a sea trout about 2 pound. Again, thanks for the replys.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Glanmire is stuffed with sea trout I was looking at about 15-20 in a pool only few days ago id say the smallest was 2lb but as said your liable to come across anything down there

Last year I seen a few people with lamps and spear guns , come on like how bad could someone want a fish

I personally don't like the lee the salmon seem to be a lot harder to catch and it gets fished an awful lot I prefer the blackwater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Leesideboy

Thanks popsy09. Will have to have a walk along the river and check it out.

Advertisement