Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 tickets still on sale!

Options
  • 09-05-2005 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

For all thoses who want u2 tickets, their still on sale at ticketmaster.ie. A guy i work with got one at half nine - limited to one person i think!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I saw that just there. I tried just out of curiosity, 1 best available ticket, it said sorry unable to process. The usual thing you get when there are no tickets :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

we've just been trying it again and their gone! must of been cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

or a ticketmaster snafu. not that that would ever happen obviously. :rolleyes:

how many tickets are available for each gig does anyone know?
    I worked it out yesterday if it's 80,000 for each gig, well 3x80K=240K (so say 250K x 60 per ticket = 15m they are making. I'm sure they'll be making a profit off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

cormie wrote:
    how many tickets are available for each gig does anyone know?
    I worked it out yesterday if it's 80,000 for each gig, well 3x80K=240K (so say 250K x 60 per ticket = 15m they are making. I'm sure they'll be making a profit off that.

No way! who would have guessed :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭humbleCounty

apparently it costs a million a night to put the show on, so that will have to come out too, (that could be less though since theyre all in the same venue)

that said though, they will be making a hell of a lot of money, which at this stage they dont really need. (I heard 15m each for the whole tour)

I think it would be nice if maybe they could donate some of their profits to charity. if each gave 1/3 that would be 20 million to some worthy cause, not an incosiderable amount, and they still make 10m each.

Yeah.. drop the debt and all that! I think 80K is seating only (for matches) fit another few thousand on the pitch too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,548 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

apparently it costs a million a night to put the show on, so that will have to come out too
    That figure is grossly inflated.
    The cost of the Vertigo show isnt as high as Popmart or Zoo TV which cost well under 1m per night.
    Security is a big cost though.
    They will gross $250m for the first 2 legs alone.
    I think 80K is seating only (for matches) fit another few thousand on the pitch too!
    The capacity of the ground for GAA matches is 80,000 but 20,000 of that is standing on Hill 16.
    Hill 16 is closed for the concert as the stage is at that end .
    I think there will be around 75,000 people at each show,not the 80,000 publicised due to security issues .
    Of that ;65,000 will be paying customers ,the rest are promo,sponsors,American Express,etc.
    I heard the GAA were looking for 1m rent for the 3rd night alone when the average price of a venue that size in Europe is 1/4m.
    Grab all Association ;)

MCD aren't even been given free tickets for their employees so I don't know about American Express etc? Who knows. There raking it in either way :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 prechaun

cormie wrote:
    MCD aren't even been given free tickets for their employees so I don't know about American Express etc? Who knows. There raking it in either way :rolleyes:

MCD ARE been giving free tickets for their employees. I should know.

• Advertisement

Ok, I should know too:P my friend is usually able to get me tickets to anything promoted by MCD and he said U2 weren't giving free tickets.

Wonder what that's about :confused:

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Asa rule U2 concerts are notoriously difficult to get free tics for . I know the Mountcharles family and only got 1 ticket for the second slane gig through another contact .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Why doesn't that pompous midget buffoon stop blowing the money on Nylon hair plugs and give away the €15m they're reaming from the Irish Public to help service 3rd World Debt?

Why? because he's too busy snorting it off Andrea Corr's arse, that's why.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

ha ha very funny magpie they are the funiniest pair in Lillies at the weekend friends my arse

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

magpie wrote:
    Why doesn't that pompous midget buffoon stop blowing the money on Nylon hair plugs and give away the €15m they're reaming from the Irish Public to help service 3rd World Debt?

Why? because he's too busy snorting it off Andrea Corr's arse, that's why.

I take it from this post that you dont like Bono !

Far from reaming , they are performing to the paying public and nobody is forcing them to chough up for the privilage of seeing U2 perform .

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The capacity of the ground for GAA matches is 80,000 but 20,000 of that is standing on Hill 16.
    Hill 16 is closed for the concert as the stage is at that end .
    I think there will be around 75,000 people at each show,not the 80,000 publicised due to security issues .

Official capacity for Croke Park now stands at 82,500, or which Hill 16 holds roughly 13,000. I'd say with the stage being on the Hill, but with the additional punters on the pitch, the attendance for the concerts will be around 80,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Just wondering has anyone who ordered tickets online got them in the post? i stillhavent got mine yet and i ordered a few more than the limit so just curious to see how many i will get.....

btw has anyone managed to get more than two online?

Advertisement