Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do you see your club in five years time?

• 02-09-2008 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

There has been a lot of talk recently about the death of football as we know it,the big clubs having to much power,salary caps etc...I'd like to gauge peoples opinions on how they see their club fairing in the next few years.Are you optimistic or pessimistic about your clubs future?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Fairly optimistic, Im thinking group stages of cl within 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Playing out of London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Top of the league and havin a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In the new Championship when there is a 14 team Premiership unless we get bought up by some Billionaire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

In the doldrums of the First Division, followed closely enough by struggling then dropping out of the League of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I'd say Villa will still be in Birmingham in 5 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Having beaten Liverpools league record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

people should mention what said club is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

As a Drogheda United fan, hopefully still in existence and having a stadium. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Hopefully still in existence and working towards a return to the top league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Mid league trying to compete against teasm with sugardaddies and against united. I'll give you a hint who i support; we signed noone on sat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

PHB wrote: »

+1. God it's going to be so good when it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Having beaten Man Utds league title record! :)

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Dundalk Fc , back in the premier Division competing at the top level without trying to sacrifice the clubs health. youth academy up and running at that stage(already received permission and some grant).

i'd be happy with any of teh above , truth be told. In saying that Dundalk seems to be one of the best run clubs in Ireland at this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

mike65 wrote: »
    Having beaten Man Utds league title record! :)

Mike

OP said 5 years not 55 :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Still in the top 4. 10 years time is what im worried about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

PHB wrote: »

Man City will stop you's ever doing that!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

CHD wrote: »
    Still in the top 4. 10 years time is what im worried about.

It does look like we finally have the infrastructure in place for a quality youth system but saying that the results have still to be seen....

monkey9 wrote: »
    Man City will stop you's ever doing that!!!

No theyll just stop u qualifying for the CL!! :pac:

Xavi6 wrote:
    top of the league and havin a laugh

If theres one club out there who could fcuk up an opportunity like this its City!!

Its hard to say where united will be. Depends really on who takes over from Fergie. Still in the top 4 for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Its hard to say where united will be. Depends really on who takes over from Fergie. Still in the top 4 for sure.

If its Carlos Querioz then it could be another Dynasty.

In all honesty and based on the current financial climate i will be happy to be still afloat and fingers crossed a little less debt ridden.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

It does look like we finally have the infrastructure in place for a quality youth system but saying that the results have still to be seen....
    We need to be making money aswell

Killme00 wrote: »
    If its Carlos Querioz then it could be another Dynasty.

In all honesty and based on the current financial climate i will be happy to be still afloat and fingers crossed a little less debt ridden.

Agree 100%

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

On the TV.

Maybe on the hologram-machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Guus Hiddink and Roman as co-managers leading us to European glory at least once. Also expecting alot less you bought your success nonsense and more credit for being trend setters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Man united

in 5 years we could be in serious ****e tbh, depends on our finances, we may be a UEFA cup team in 5 years unless we do something about the debt, it cant just keep going up the way!

pessimistic mood today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I cant believe how worked up people are getting over this Man City thing. They still won't be able to get the really top tier of players to sign for them. Robinho only signed because Chelsea wouldnt put up the cash and he had no future at Madrid after his antics.

Even United, despite being at the forefront of European football for the last 15 years have rarely attracted any really top players. The best players go to Spain and Italy. How many of the very best foreigners have played in England, in their prime, in the last 20 years?(Dont bother mentioning Ronaldo, Torres, Fabregas as they werent top of the line when they signed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Hopefully back in the Premier, and competing for Europe. Moving from Tolka hopefully too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Athlone - If we're not bankrupt by then we'll still be playing the the 1st division, directors will still be lieing through their teeth, players still won't give a ****, we'll still be fighting with kildare county and longford for that covited third from bottom spot.

Club is dieing a slow painfull death.

Milan.

Thriving with Pato and Kaka still tearing up the scoring charts in the champions league, about to equal Real's champions league wins record.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Hopefully with Arsene Wenger still in charge and also hopefully with the same sensible owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Playing in the Conference after some dodgy dealing by Ken Bates results in 50 points being deducted for two consecutive seasons. Either that or the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Back to where we belong. The biggest team in Ireland, settled in Tallaght with big crowds, challenging for the the League and hopefully making headway in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Hopefully with Arsene Wenger still in charge and also hopefully with the same sensible owners.

I don't think Wenger will renew his contract past 2010; around then is when Domenech's current contract with France expires. by then he'll have just gone 60 so I reckon he'll go into the France job.

as for Arsenal; after Wenger I expect them to have a few years in the doldrums before the current owners finally give in to the ever increasing pressure to sell to another playboy billionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I don't think Wenger will renew his contract past 2010; around then is when Domenech's current contract with France expires. by then he'll have just gone 60 so I reckon he'll go into the France job.

as for Arsenal; after Wenger I expect them to have a few years in the doldrums before the current owners finally give in to the ever increasing pressure to sell to another playboy billionaire.

Sadly I think you are right re Wenger as for the ownership,I really really hope that the likes of Ken Friar are still there with possibly Stan Kroenke our likely billionaire who the present board seem to be getting on with much better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Challenging for the league every year with above average attendances and sound finances.

Advertisement