Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New City owner confirms C. Ronaldo interest

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wow Fabregas has come out and says he won't join up, no word from Christiano though, I think he'll wait till the end of the season and if they have champions league football he will jump at the chance of bigger money.

Torres is a legend in Spain now, I'm surprised he has not been the subject of huge bids from the two big Spanish clubs already this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

You people really think Ronaldo could such an @ss to join City?!?!

I think he wouldnt dare to do that.Anyway i wouldnt like to be close to him on some match if he would come on OT in City's jersey...I supose he would be killed first time he would enter OT:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

If Ronaldo ever joins City, I will eat my hat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Looks like United would consider it, but doubt the bid will ever materialise.
    MANCHESTER UNITED admit they would have to consider an offer of £135million for Cristiano Ronaldo from moneybags neighbours City.

New owner Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim revealed this week he would love to take the Portuguese wing ace across town to Eastlands.

United chief executive David Gill insists they are treating it ‘with a pinch of salt’ and doubts whether the bid will ever materialise.

But if they did firm up the move, he admits it would be up to the Glazer family and manager Alex Ferguson to make the decision.

Gill said: “I can’t believe he is serious at those levels and, anyway, we are not looking to sell our best players.

“But ultimately we would discuss any offer with Alex and the owners, as that sort of money is very large for one person.

“It would take a huge amount of money to take a player like Ronaldo across the city. But that kind of decision would be up to the owners.

“But he mentioned Torres and Fabregas in the same article. I think we can remain calm, wait and see what happens over the course of the next months and years, and not worry about it too much.”

Gill hinted the club was not over impressed with the way Al Fahim has gone about naming the players he would be interested in buying.

He added: “I have never met the gentleman, So I couldn’t say for sure whether he is serious or not. But that is a fantastic amount of money and would turn the industry upside down.

“Still, it is interesting that when Alex mentioned the Dimitar Berbatov signing from Spurs in advance that complaints were made to the Premier League.

“Yet he is publicly listing a host of players he claims to want to buy.”

United almost saw their top summer target Berbatov stolen from under their noses on an eventful transfer window day.

But he is not expecting much more business to be done in January by the champions — apart from trying to strike a permanent deal for Carlos Tevez.

He added: “From a squad perspective, Alex is very comfortable with it.

“The other piece of business we will look to do is to finalise the Carlos Tevez deal.

“But the competition in the squad is now first class.”

Italian giants Juventus have also laughed off reports of a possible City swoop for their keeper Gianluigi Buffon. The Italian national No1, 30, — the most expensive keeper in the world at £32.6m — is another star coveted by City’s owners.

But Juve president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli insists no amount of money would prise Buffon away.

He said: “It’s fantasy football, This summer there was another case of fantasy football, to be precise the story of David Trezeguet to Barcelona.

“That was fantasy football, and this is the same.”
    Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1659568.ece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,295 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

135million for one player - they'd be idiots to not consider it at the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

eagle eye wrote: »
    Torres is a legend in Spain now, I'm surprised he has not been the subject of huge bids from the two big Spanish clubs already this year.

im sure he has, but he has always denied any interest in moving from pool so thats why theres no real media circus surrounding him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

he said before he would never play for another club in Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Plus, Villa is the more proven La Liga striker. Imo he's better than Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

shut up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I dunno, I think Torres has got a better all-round game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Mr Alan wrote: »
    shut up

Nice input...
    I dunno, I think Torres has got a better all-round game

Torres is better in the air for sure, but I think that he struggles against defenders who's game is more about intelligence/ reading of the game rather than speed and physicality. That's why he has been so excellent in England. I think Villa has a little more going for him though. For example, I would prefer that Spain played with Villa instead of Torres if they had to play with one striker up front.

But I guess variety is the spice of life...

Advertisement