Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porch Insulation

Options
  • 24-04-2015 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, I've been taking to builders about getting a new porch built for the house. The house itself has pretty standard double glazed windows and the new porch door will be a Palladio one. However I was wondering about the insulation on inside of the porch, one builder has quoted for 60mm of rigid insulation and he didn't mention anything about the ceiling. Does anyone have any recommendations in this regard. Obviously I want to keep as much of the warmth in as possible

Thx
    Barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Will the porch be heated?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Broche07

No.

Why the need to insulate then?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Broche07

I should have clarified, it will be heated because I'm extending the hallway out in the new porch, but there won't be a separate radiator in there. thx

In that case, the porch should be built in accordance to the current building regulations which includes insulation and air tightness measures.

• Advertisement
Advertisement