Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish jersey without Eircom logo?

• 08-09-2008 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible? :confused:
    I like the new jersey but it'd be even nicer without the Eircom logo.

Been looking a few online shops and I don't see other international jerseys with sponsors logos.
    Have Eircom negoitated a sweet deal for themselves?

Apologies if this has been raised before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yup there's an eBayer that does em. He's on foot.ie also i think.

Look at the very bottom of this thread and you'll see the Similar Threads with the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Does he do long sleeve as well by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Is there a more hideous corporate logo on the go at the moment? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

I was looking for them recently but didn't see them on ebay. Are they still on ebay?

You could always get a Norn Iron jersey. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

this question was prob already asked elsewhere - but do you guys know why there was no logo on the jerseys for the georgia match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

mru wrote: »
    this question was prob already asked elsewhere - but do you guys know why there was no logo on the jerseys for the georgia match?

Not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly but ... the actual team jerseys do not have eircom logo on it, just the ones sold in the shops. Its a sponsorship deal negotiated by eircom and FAI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

mru wrote: »

There's never a log on the jerseys the player wear during matches anyay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Sounds like a dirty protest ...having a log on the jersey :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Is that just for away matches? Surely eircom wouldn't be happy about that at home unless for some reason they aren't sponsor? Actually thought I heard news a while back about eircom stopping become sponsor with eircom league and something else I think:confused:

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly but ... the actual team jerseys do not have eircom logo on it, just the ones sold in the shops. Its a sponsorship deal negotiated by eircom and FAI

Really!? :( Total schoolboy error...

**gets coats and leaves**

• Advertisement

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Sounds like a dirty protest ...having a log on the jersey :P

LOL! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Is that just for away matches? Surely eircom wouldn't be happy about that at home unless for some reason they aren't sponsor? Actually thought I heard news a while back about eircom stopping become sponsor with eircom league and something else I think:confused:

No country is allowed have a sponsor's logo on the field, whether they are home or away.

Indeed, no other country has a sponsor of the replica shirts either except us thanks to those lovely chaps at the money hungry FAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Does he do long sleeve as well by any chance?
    Can't see the Ebayer anymore unfortunately :/

Go retro? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ireland-eire-republic-replica-football-soccer-shirt_W0QQitemZ320294796633QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I read once that Opel negotiated the deal in the 80s to be on replica shirts so Eircom then inisisted on keeping it seeing as the precedent was there.

For testimonials and non-FIFA sanctioned friendlies (like the games in Portugal in May) the team tehmselves wear a sponsor emblazoned shirt too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Xavi6 wrote: »

Indeed, no other country has a sponsor of the replica shirts either except us thanks to those lovely chaps at the money hungry FAI.

Everyone gives out about the fai and hpw nothign gets done further down . Now think of the same organisation with a few million less to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Stekelly wrote: »
    Everyone gives out about the fai and hpw nothign gets done further down . Now think of the same organisation with a few million less to spend.

Might actually get them off their arses and productive.

Didn't the FAI boost record profits last year or am I dreaming that one up, that they have a massive pot of gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Stekelly wrote: »

A bus to Germany instead of Ryanair, slightly lower salaries all around, not as many junkets, more nonsensical fines for el teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Might actually get them off their arses and productive.

Didn't the FAI boost record profits last year or am I dreaming that one up, that they have a massive pot of gold.

Id say you were dreaming, they had to get a tax dodger to pay trapatonis wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

bohsman wrote: »
    Id say you were dreaming, they had to get a tax dodger to pay trapatonis wages.

But this is the thing. At the time that was announced, the FAI said they had a reserve of several million, and that the Trap money would just be used for yoth development or some BS like that. It stank of Irishness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

bohsman wrote: »
    A bus to Germany instead of Ryanair, slightly lower salaries all around, not as many junkets, more nonsensical fines for el teams.

That or the top end stays the same and the lowe rend suffers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement