Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frank O Rourke Memorial 2014

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aye my thinking is that basically they drift to the back when the pace is on as they don't have the legs and when the pace drops into a headwind or whatever 50 of them fly up the wrong side of the road and aim to take a spot about 15 from the front before drifting to the back again when the pace returns.

It also annoyed me to see people bombing up the outside when there was shouts of car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

daragh_ wrote: »
    Yep, followed by couerdelion.

All we needed to win at that stage was 2 less laps and a few big lads to pull us round ;)

Our day will come.

I would have joined ye but I thought it was a tad early to be going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

It was but just got a rush of blood to the head and said I'd give it a go. Sure we'll leave it a bit later to go this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

A few laps too early :D Paid for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dongerson

Seems to be a lot of the same kind of racing in the A4 as last week, couldn't race myself due to my crash in bohereem and cracking my frame as a result....A lot of lads are nervous to go early on a break if they think they wont have the legs - it's will only take 4-5 lads going at threshold for 4-5km to loose the pack...then everyone pitch in for up and overs and you should see it out...bunch finishes in the A4 are better avoided because they are so dodgy...as i learned last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

I attempted to instigate breaks in Kanturk all weekend and if you can get guys to commit it will work. Three of us were about 20 secs up the road for a lap and half on Sunday but with the wind and the pace of the bunch we didnt get more and I was on my own for a couple of K before it was back together.

A guy went on his own after about 3k yesterday and I went with him,the bunch stalled, we ended up with three away and stayed away for 50 odd km and got the gap up to 1.10 which put me in yellow and the other guy in second, bunch got it together and rode us back. Caught with 10-12k left but one or two more with us or that could have bridged and that would have made it. Just do it! You wont get dropped if you are caught back up and it will make you stronger in the end!

bwalsh1983 wrote: »
    I attempted to instigate breaks in Kanturk all weekend and if you can get guys to commit it will work. Three of us were about 20 secs up the road for a lap and half on Sunday but with the wind and the pace of the bunch we didnt get more and I was on my own for a couple of K before it was back together.

A guy went on his own after about 3k yesterday and I went with him,the bunch stalled, we ended up with three away and stayed away for 50 odd km and got the gap up to 1.10 which put me in yellow and the other guy in second, bunch got it together and rode us back. Caught with 10-12k left but one or two more with us or that could have bridged and that would have made it. Just do it! You wont get dropped if you are caught back up and it will make you stronger in the end!

Brilliant stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭no1murray

If in douth, go from the gun.

Brilliant stuff!

Trying to get yellow from your lad...he was pretty much on his own for the weekend! The guy who eventuallly won it (so closely) had a teamate who made the initial break so it work out perfectly for them.

• Advertisement

bwalsh1983 wrote: »
    Trying to get yellow from your lad...he was pretty much on his own for the weekend! The guy who eventuallly won it (so closely) had a teamate who made the initial break so it work out perfectly for them.

Yeah. He was gutted to miss out by such a fraction, but he got to wear the Yellow jersey and fought very hard to keep it. We are all delighted for him. Great result.

Yeah. He was gutted to miss out by such a fraction, but he got to wear the Yellow jersey and fought very hard to keep it. We are all delighted for him. Great result.

After he flatted on Saturday too, fair play. Great weekends racing all round.

Advertisement