Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel. Number of bedrooms not what was advertised

Options
  • 22-11-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭

Booked a room

Self Catering at hotel x 3 - Night Package
    2 Bedroom Self Catering available with full Cooking facilities, Dishwasher, Fridge. Large Dining and living area with seperate bedrooms. Childrens out door play area on the grounds. Breakfast is served Daily in our Hall Door Restaurant at an additional Cost

So I selected the date I wanted

Next page

it has same as above and the following

Occupancy Min: 2 adults, Max: 4 adults

So I select next page. Default is 2 adults.

I finished the booking paid deposit extra.

So I find out that i want to add 2 others to the room so grand as I have a 2 bedroom shouldn't be an issue. Also the price for 2 or 4 people are the same price as it is a room price and not pp price.

So I found out that they have given me a 1 bedroom room as I only selected 2 people.

No where in the process does it specify 2 adults means 1 bedroom or does it give you the option to select how many bedrooms.

They are saying that they have no extra rooms and that if I selected 4 people the charge would be more even though I have selected it on numerous different dates it doesn't give 2 different prices.

Question is should I be entitled to a 2 bedroom never mind the issue of having 4 people instead of 2 people as they have not giving me what is advertised. Not a simple case of cancelling as I am going to a wedding there. I don't believe a word that comes out of their mouths as they say extra charge if I selected 4 people even though I have tried numerous different dates and not once I have came across an extra charge.

I think they are just chancing their arm to take as much money out of the people attending the wedding as some of the prices they are charging are crazy. I got told supply and demand on the phone is how they set their prices so they know the demand will be there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This piece is important.
    Trampas wrote: »
    Occupancy Min: 2 adults,

Did it not say whether it was single, twin, double?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Trampas

Victor wrote: »
    This piece is important.

Did it not say whether it was single, twin, double?

no. it is an apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If I'm guessing the hotel correctly it has 3 types of self catering accommodation and only the Type #1 apartments offers the min 2/max 4 occupancy you quoted in your OP.

If you click on the Type #1 apartment photo on the reservations/availability page you will get a more detailed description of the rooms including this "There are 16 rooms offering a mix of 1/2/3 bedroom apartments." The page also allows you select "1 room" or "2 or more rooms", however this could be interpreted as specifying the number of apartments. The other apartment types all have 2 bedrooms only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Trampas

slimjimmc wrote: »
    If I'm guessing the hotel correctly it has 3 types of self catering accommodation and only the Type #1 apartments offers the min 2/max 4 occupancy you quoted in your OP.

If you click on the Type #1 apartment photo on the reservations/availability page you will get a more detailed description of the rooms including this "There are 16 rooms offering a mix of 1/2/3 bedroom apartments." The page also allows you select "1 room" or "2 or more rooms", however this could be interpreted as specifying the number of apartments. The other apartment types all have 2 bedrooms only.

It is that hotel. The page also allows you select "1 room" or "2 or more rooms", however this could be interpreted as specifying the number of apartments. that is number of apartments.

They told me that I wasn't on the room list but the next day I found out I am. To be honest I can't believe a word out of their months.

If you click on the Type #1 apartment photo on the reservations/availability page you will get a more detailed description of the rooms including this "There are 16 rooms offering a mix of 1/2/3 bedroom apartments."

that information isn't via the booking processes. so that doesn't cut with me. you have to go out of the process to find that information

Advertisement