Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thompson bikes

Options
  • 08-05-2014 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I'm looking at Thompson force or Sirius 2.0 but cannot find any reviews online,there were a couple of threads re Thompson bikes on this forum last year but nothing up to date,I wonder has any one got any opinions or reviews of the bikes.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Staggs in Lucan sell them and a lot of lads in the club are using them this year. Heard nothing bad said about them and the Force looks like a cracking bike and those racing on them are doing well.

A bit of background on the brand here

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭slow

The Nicolas Roche Performance Team are riding both Force and Sirius with Ultegra 11 speed. The riders seem very happy with them. The 'design your colour scheme' feature on the Thompson webisite is cool too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

I raced on a Thompson Force for some of the season last year.
    Nice bike but I never got completely comfortable with the top tube. The top tube is a triangular shape and chunky and it has sharp/angled corners that I found tough to get used to. I ended up with a bruised knee where the inside of my knee clipped the top tube when out of the saddle racing over rough roads.

Advertisement