Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a club in London

Options
  • 07-05-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm moving to London soon and would like to know if any one can recommend a good club there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

London is a big place, where abouts will you be living?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭WilcoYHF

I was hoping I wouldn't be asked that as where I'd like to be living is probably not going to be the place I won't be living! Hopefully North London

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

It's out in west London but there is a London Irish cycling club

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

how about david millars

http://highwycombecc.co.uk/

(i have no idea by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

WilcoYHF wrote: »
    ...where I'd like to be living is probably not going to be the place I won't be living!...
    :confused: My head hurts!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you're going to be in north London, these guys meet up for their spins very close to where I am.

:confused: My head hurts!

Ha! sorry about that!!

If you're going to be in north London, these guys meet up for their spins very close to where I am.

These look good! Thanks.

I'm actually looking for a place in or around Islington but its quite pricey!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

WilcoYHF wrote: »
    These look good! Thanks.

I'm actually looking for a place in or around Islington but its quite pricey!

If you're looking down towards the Upper Street area it *will* cost the earth, if you go further up towards Holloway Road/Archway/Crouch End it won't be as painful. Nothing is cheap in London though!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Cycled with a few of these lads on my Pyrenees trip last year (1 of them originally from Dublin)

http://www.dulwichparagon.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭QueensGael

decrrrrrr wrote: »
    Cycled with a few of these lads on my Pyrenees trip last year (1 of them originally from Dublin)

http://www.dulwichparagon.com/

I love their jersey, I would join them for that reason alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

As I'm sure you know London is huge so get your feet on the ground 1st and then check whats about.

As for travelling South to Dulwich if you're North of Islington maybe not the best use of time. I may be biased but South London is best! Afterall its close to the velodrome at Herne Hill...

There are a few more casual clubs around too so maybe try one of these to suss out where others are riding. Media Velo (not strict about only media types) have locatiins for meet ups one North and the other South West may be worth a look.

Advertisement