Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was that you who loaned me your pump at the 9th Lock on the Greenway??

• 07-05-2014 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

If it was you, then thank you very much. And to the other cyclists who passed me and offered me assistance, thank you very much also.
    It is my first flat in a long time and it is nice to see cyclists are such nice people. I know if that was me in my car fixing my flat, no one would have stopped to see if I was okay.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 SteveCCC

Yep we do what we can for fellow Cyclists, it costs nothing to stop and help so to whom ever Well Done and keep it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

idiottje wrote: »
    If it was you, then thank you very much. And to the other cyclists who passed me and offered me assistance, thank you very much also.
    It is my first flat in a long time and it is nice to see cyclists are such nice people. I know if that was me in my car fixing my flat, no one would have stopped to see if I was okay.
    its all about the mojo. One day you might need a hand, by giving it to others the day you need it you will get it!
    Never mess with the mojo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

It's very much the etiquette to stop and offer assistance to fellow cyclists. Glad to see the spirit remains strong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

It's very much the etiquette to stop and offer assistance to fellow cyclists. Glad to see the spirit remains strong.

can be a little dangerours though

two weeks ago the joey hannon triathlon was on in limerick. finished the race, put bike on back of car, my four year old decided she wanted to travel home with me instead of my wife who had her car as well, so i was heading out the dublin road and i pass three teenagers in a gateway with three bikes, trying to fix a flat on one of them, but not looking like they were comfortable with it. So a bit down the road, even thought i was trying to get home for the munster match, i swung around and went back to see if they needed help. pulled in beside them, and asked if they were okay. got some very cagey "no we're fine thanks", so i left them be. Only as i drove off did i realise that they probably couldn't see my little one in the back, from the angle i pulled in at my bike wasn't visible, i was a sweaty man in a trisuit that must have looked form outside as if i was topless, and i had just approached three teenagers offering my help. they were probably calling the cops as i left...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

mossym wrote: »
    i was a sweaty man in a trisuit...

Say no more:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement