Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$ky Second hand Subscription

Options
  • 16-12-2004 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Rang $ky yesterday to inquire about getting a sub to there services,
    Now here's the thing i have a $ky box and FTV card already but was
    thinking about getting sky for the Xmas.
    The $ky monkey tells me that i have to subscribe to $ky for 12 months even without getting any equipment from them. Was this spacer just trying to make a extra sale before chrismas, as i thought that a second hand subscription had no 12 month clause and could be turned off after a number of months (lets say 2 months). I was under the impression that the 12 month contract was to offset the cost of the install and the cost of the box and dish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Originally they sugested that a 12 month contract was required for me to get the old sky box activated. So in protest I decided to wait 6 months before getting it (Which became 12 months before I got around to it). Finally in the end I got sky+ which was a 12 month contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Colm80

The Bull wrote:
    Rang $ky yesterday to inquire about getting a sub to there services,
    Now here's the thing i have a $ky box and FTV card already but was
    thinking about getting sky for the Xmas.
    The $ky monkey tells me that i have to subscribe to $ky for 12 months even without getting any equipment from them. Was this spacer just trying to make a extra sale before chrismas, as i thought that a second hand subscription had no 12 month clause and could be turned off after a number of months (lets say 2 months). I was under the impression that the 12 month contract was to offset the cost of the install and the cost of the box and dish.

You dont need a 12 month contract if you own your own Sky box. You do if they supply the box and dish. The monkey you rang was just chanceing his or her arm. Thats Nothing new with Sky.

Advertisement