Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are all your mocks over

Options
  • 25-02-2015 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Are all your mocks over

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They are still looking for mock hints in the LC forum, so not everyone is finished, though I think most schools are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Ours have just started.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

The week before midterm. I know of schools who started the Thursday before midterm, and recommenced them after the midterm. Not the way I'd do it, but sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

Do you think there is any advantage or disadvantage having them before the February break

Doesn't bother me, but I'd rather keep them to one side of it, as opposed to messing up 2 weeks, 3 in total if taking the midterm into it. The normal routine is disturbed for too long that way. If I was a student I'd probably prefer before the midterm, leaving the break as a chance to unwind a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

Before the midterm is the best option in my opinion.
    The year is really short from here in.
    Mocks and corrections take up enough time and students need to be in class being taught.
    I do think the mocks are important, but they should not drag on through the second last term.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

Before the midterm is the best option in my opinion.
    The year is really short from here in.
    Mocks and corrections take up enough time and students need to be in class being taught.
    I do think the mocks are important, but they should not drag on through the second last term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Ours are over and have started to return corrected (we send ours away unless the teacher wants to correct them). I think it's crazy to have them after midterm- there's way too much to do in various different subjects that have orals and practicals over the next few weeks, if mocks were still ongoing it would be overload.

Plus it takes a while to get them back so the sooner I get them back the better- I don't know about ye but there are a few students I really want to convince to go back to pass (and they won't take my word for it that they're not able for honours) the sooner they see their results the better. They could surprise me, but I doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,848 ✭✭✭doc_17

We have ours until near the end of next week. Works well for us

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

Ours are over since January 30th. Great to have them out of the way so early!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

The week before midterm.

Did they only take a week? Ours are on all of this week and next. We do the same every year and it works fine for us.

dory wrote:
    Did they only take a week? Ours are on all of this week and next. We do the same every year and it works fine for us.

Not quite, was that week and the Friday the preceded it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 EmmausCentre

Our school completed them before the midterm, expecting the results later this week. Some schools start before midterm and complete after- ruins the mid term for everyone and some start straight after midterm. It is standard practice in our school to have before the midterm, all other classes do main exams as well so school is in exam lock down exactly the same way as in June. Good practice for students to get used to from first year.

Advertisement