Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volume Pot Replacement?

• 24-02-2015 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Guys,
    I'm having some issues with my '91 Strat.I think the volume pot is either damaged or needs cleaning as the volume cuts out constantly and only comes back if I press down on the dials.

Is this something I could easily sort myself or would it be best to get it repaired by a guitar tech?Also who in the dublin area would be best for repairs?Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Hi Cormac
    Its handy enough to do yourself if your any good with a soldering iron

Otherwise any decent shop will fix it for you
    Your not from Cabinteeley by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cormacdoyle

Thanks,I'll have a gander now and see If i can manage it :) no,out from the middle of kildare but I travel to dublin every day.

You could try Jimis or X music at the red cow or any of the shops in town

Ill stick up a wiring diagram for you in a moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cormacdoyle

Thanks man,much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I have a lefty strat volume knob wired for a righty, so the volume knob is backwards

What would I have to swap around to have the volume knob going the right way?

It's mildly annoying so don't fancy spending 15 quid just for a simple solder job! I should pick up a soldering iron since it's the same on 2 guitars

-=al=- wrote: »
    I have a lefty strat volume knob wired for a righty, so the volume knob is backwards

What would I have to swap around to have the volume knob going the right way?

It's mildly annoying so don't fancy spending 15 quid just for a simple solder job! I should pick up a soldering iron since it's the same on 2 guitars

Try swaping lugs 1 and 3 on the pot a lot of times theyer wired backwards
    If you look at the drawing above , see if its wired the same
    Other than that its a new pot

Advertisement