Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kenny's motion of no-confidence

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Liam, you can't really complain the thread is drifting off-topic and then keep talking about FF politicians' holidays.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

With respect, since the holidays are being cited by FF as the reason why the no-confidence vote (the subject of this thread) cannot be held, then I think it is relevant / on-topic ?

The reason I want the list is because those individuals are the reason that this democratic requirement is delayed until next Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

jmayo wrote: »
    ffers are thick skinned and will hold on for dear life to their state cars, expenses, perks and want every last day for greater pension entitlements.

The usual cheap unsubstantiated whackery at FFers.
    The ffers that jumped ship over some local issue, (standup Sligo Leitrim jimmy devins, joe behan from Wicklow and jimmcdaid from Donegal), always vote for the taoiseach and party come the big votes.

Nothing unusual there. Same would be true who-ever was in power.
    Can you give an example of a FGEr who voter against an FG government in a big issue.
    Then we have the greens who even though are not happy with situation, as evidenced last night by eamon "sanctimonious" ryan's display at press conference, will not jump ship because they know there is good chance they will lose every single seat.

Yawn.
    Also watch how some of the independents like healy rae, lowry, mcgrath, and even o'sullivan have voted for the government.

Yes ofcourse. They think it is in their constuents interest that they hold this powerful position. Thats usually the deal when independents support a government after the election. You back us on the big ones well give your constituency xyz.
    So how can Kenny force them out unless some of them at last decide to put country first rather than party.

Unfortunately FG in opposition have shown us nothing to indicate that government party TDS actually believe FG would be beter in power. Im open to correction here?

Sligeach Abu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

scr123 wrote: »
    I dismiss Gilmore and Kenny as economic illiterates. Bruton and Burton are what I call textbook economists, useless in the real world. I have listened and watched the reponse of Bruton and Burton to the reports yesterday and I feel acute embarrassment. Despite my FF leanings my country comes first but am now in a panic. The motion of confidence has been kicked to touch till next Tuesday but I am terrified the Greens will decide now is the time to go to the country. My only hope is the Greens will reflect on the brilliant performances of Cowen and Lenihan yesterday and this morning and they will do like I do, put the country first.
    When you line up Gilmore, Kenny, Bruton and Burton against Cowen and Lenihan its a complete mismatch. FF and the Greens must win the confidence motion or we will multiply our problems and a total collapse of the economy will happen

Oh dear God. :rolleyes:

You have now be pulling the p***, otherwise I dispair of the mindset and intelligence of the ff supporter
    T runner wrote: »
    The usual cheap unsubstantiated whackery at FFers.

Well if the ffers put the country first, had some modicum of ethics and morals they would refuse to do such things as give a vote of confidence as their leader to a man that has been the most inept disastrous minister of finance this country has ever had the misfortune of having.
    And that is before we bring in such lowlights such as giving votes of confidence to taoiseachs with no bank accounts yet wads of cash and vote opf confidence to ministers and legal professionals who lied to the second highest court in the land.
    Nothing unusual there. Same would be true who-ever was in power.
    Can you give an example of a FGEr who voter against an FG government in a big issue.

There were never loads of FGers outside the party whip, due to fact they were playing to the locals in preference to government policy all in hope it would get them re-elected.
    So that point didn't happen where they were supposed out of the party and then back in it.

Yawn.

Yes ofcourse. They think it is in their constuents interest that they hold this powerful position. Thats usually the deal when independents support a government after the election. You back us on the big ones well give your constituency xyz.

Unfortunately FG in opposition have shown us nothing to indicate that government party TDS actually believe FG would be beter in power. Im open to correction here?

Sligeach Abu.

Weren't you supposed to be objective non party connected or was it scr123 I was thinking about ?
    I now can see your reasoning behind all your support of NAMA, lenihan's disastrous bank bailouts etc.

I am not allowed discuss …

Tonights poll says it all about the moonies that are Fine Gael and how they think they are onto a great thing with the bufoon Kenny...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

Im open to correction here?

You sure about that? Because i'd imagine if you were, then all the evidence of disasterous governance from FF would have 'corrected' your support for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭bored and fussy

The name of some of the politicians on the golfing trip are Donie CassidyFF and Phil HoganFGi dont have the other names but i would like to see them posted here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,786 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The name of some of the politicians on the golfing trip are Donie CassidyFF and Phil HoganFGi dont have the other names but i would like to see them posted here.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/golfrow-politicians-plane-in-near-miss-2214657.html

Senator Donie Cassidy, TDs Phil Hogan and Noel Grealish and Leinster House worker John Flaherty were unaware of the danger until the plane attempted to land in Istanbul,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

kippy wrote: »

That article refers to last weekend. Where were they during the week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,786 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    That article refers to last weekend. Where were they during the week ?

No idea to be honest. Someone wanted the names of the guys on the trip, thats all I provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

Jesus, Kenny " I am going to be Miss-Elf", as a viable anything?
    Gawd help us poor sinners !

Why no calls for criminal investigations of corruption re votes by politicians for bail-outs that involve personal and family interests???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

No matter who you vote in, it be no difference

it's that attitude that put us in this mess
    in 2007, the people had the chance to oust the Fianna Failures
    but people like yourself gave two fingers to democracy and wouldnt vote for an alternative party, even though they were unhappy with FF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Since everyones eyes have been diverted to the leadership issue in FG I am trying to keep this thread alive.
    Nice job by media, ff spin machine and certain FGers who have decided it would be a good time to shoot themselves in the foot with both barrels. :rolleyes:

How strong are the greens after seeing the unconvincing display by ryan at the press conference the other evening and the fact poor ould gormless wasn't told his preferred bills were not before the Oireachtas prior to the summer recess ?

Would they have the guts to walk or how long do they need to be a minister to qualify for pensions ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Don't be blaming the media or FF for Enda's troubles. He has been a disaster of a leader for a number of years now and it is only the lack of quality challengers that this has not come to a head before now.

Advertisement