Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vegetarian wanted . . .

• 29-01-2015 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

To rent a room in my house in Dublin 18.
    On the 44 bus route.
    House occupied by myself, husband, and 5 month old baby.
    Single room for rent.
    All meals and bills included.
    Would like someone interested in some babysitting hours every week. This would reduce the cost of the room, possibly to zero.
    Would suit student or someone who works part time.
    House is a 30min walk from the Dundrum Towncenter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Would like someone interested in some babysitting hours every week. This would reduce the cost of the room, possibly to zero.
    This is totally the wrong forum for this, but I would like to make a suggestion on the above. Make this a formal arrangement rather than an informal one.

If you give them an unspecified amount of reduced rent in return for an unspecified number of hours babysitting, then they may feel that they have to agree to babysit when you ask, and you might feel aggrieved if they refuse to babysit on any specific occasion on the basis that you've already paid them to do it and now they're refusing.

But if it's a more formal thing where you ask, they agree, you agree on a price and everyone's happy, then you will find the whole thing works a lot smoother. You won't feel hard done by when the tenant says they're unavailable and the tenant won't feel like they're obligated to babysit.

The tenant pays full rental, and if you want you can knock the value of their babysitting hours off that rent, but if they do no babysitting at all one month, they pay full rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 noraolaoghaire

seamus wrote: »
    This is totally the wrong forum for this, but I would like to make a suggestion on the above. Make this a formal arrangement rather than an informal one.

If you give them an unspecified amount of reduced rent in return for an unspecified number of hours babysitting, then they may feel that they have to agree to babysit when you ask, and you might feel aggrieved if they refuse to babysit on any specific occasion on the basis that you've already paid them to do it and now they're refusing.

But if it's a more formal thing where you ask, they agree, you agree on a price and everyone's happy, then you will find the whole thing works a lot smoother. You won't feel hard done by when the tenant says they're unavailable and the tenant won't feel like they're obligated to babysit.

The tenant pays full rental, and if you want you can knock the value of their babysitting hours off that rent, but if they do no babysitting at all one month, they pay full rent.

Hi Seamus,

The hours and prices are to be agreed in advance, depending on the lodgers hours (study or job).

This arrangement has worked very well with our previous lodger, who did some babysitting around her shift work hours.

Details can be discussed by phone or email with anybody who is interested.

I just thought I'd post here as we definitely want a veggie!

Thanks,

Leah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

you also might want to remove your phone number off a public forum and get interested people to pm you instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭work.inprocess

Hi! Id be interested, currently a college student but not with many hours - only one problem, do you accept vegans?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 noraolaoghaire

Yes, no probs, we don't eat much dairy.

PM me to discuss details, and we can arrange for you to come out and meet us/ see the house to see if it's a good fit.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Hi OP, it's probably best for yourself not to volunteer personal information on a public forum so I hope you don't mind but I removed the number.

I've seen the vegetarian society of Ireland to share rental notices before so maybe get on to them and they might have some suggestions.

Best of luck finding someone!

Advertisement