Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nexus 7 freezing

• 29-01-2015 5:23pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My 2 year old nexus 7 is freezing a lot since I updated to version 5.0.2 earlier this month, every couple of hrs it will freeze up for about 20 minutes until it asks me if I want too close down the app (normally chrome) is this happening anyone else ? Its very annoying , it never happened before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I've had major issues since updating to 5.0 when 5.0.2 was realeased got some improvements but now suffering the freezes N7 is now back to a paper weight

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gatling wrote: »
    I've had major issues since updating to 5.0 when 5.0.2 was realeased got some improvements but now suffering the freezes N7 is now back to a paper weight

Any fixes for the freezes?

Any fixes for the freezes?

None that I'm aware of chap , took them long enough to fix 5.0 and even at that it didn't fix all the problems properly ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

My 2 year old nexus 7 is freezing a lot since I updated to version 5.0.2 earlier this month, every couple of hrs it will freeze up for about 20 minutes until it asks me if I want too close down the app (normally chrome) is this happening anyone else ? Its very annoying , it never happened before.
    As always, your starting point is ALWAYS to run it in Safe Mode for 24 hours.

If you experience no freezing, then you know its related to an app you installed.
    https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4582729?hl=en

If you experience freezing, I would reinstall. I've a Nexus 7 (2013) and for me there has not being one single problem I've personally experienced since Lollipop (5.0.2) was installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭vandriver

My wife's n7 does exactly the same.She says since lollipop,it is practically unusable. There is apparently another update coming in February which will sort the problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Same here, with 5.02 it's a crock. I'm just waiting until I have the time to revert back to KitKat.

http://thenextdigit.com/15376/nexus-7-2012-lags-fix-restore-android-4-4-kitkat/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Seems like the 2012 model still has problems whilst the 2013 model is running fine.
    Have the 2012 users verified they are on 5.0.2 and then done a factory reset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's a well know issue at this stage, people have tried everything, there's articles everywhere about it and a long thread on the google support forum
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/vcHpQuWtiwI%5B301-325-false%5D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

I'm having the same problems. Since updating its running very sluggish and freezes very often and reboots itself.

Seems like the 2012 model still has problems whilst the 2013 model is running fine.
    Have the 2012 users verified they are on 5.0.2 and then done a factory reset?

Definitely on 5.0.2 had issues mentioned in a previous thread from 5.0 , got 5.0.2 OTA fixed some stability issues ,
    Developed the 20 minutes freezing a few days in along with Rediculous recharging times ,

8-10 factory resets , cleared the cashe multiple times and currently have zero apps bar what came with it Google wise Gmail, chrome , YouTube deleted everything else .
    At this stage I'm thinking of buying a 2014 tablet

• Advertisement
Advertisement